Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

First drive long distance

User
Posted 06 Mar 2019 at 23:22

Hi , 

i could do with some advice on my frist long distance drive since my operation in Dec  ,i am planing my trip which will incude driving on the motorway i am very concerned that i could get stuck in traffic and not be able to get to toilet in time , as soon as i see red car  lights come on i get quite a panic attack .

i can drive at the moment about 50 mins max without a stop , looking at the external catheter at the moment but not sure if thats the right way to go ?.

Can anybody recomend a solution .

kind regards Rpj 

User
Posted 07 Mar 2019 at 00:59
I keep a purpose designed screw on cap urine bottle in my car and it has proved useful on a couple of occasions. Others use various other plastic containers for this purpose. When I needed to urinate frequently after RT and had a long journey in a coach I used a Conveen sheath and tube leading to a bag. (The toilet on the coach was often 'out of order and locked so the bottle idea would have been too awkward).
Barry
User
Posted 07 Mar 2019 at 01:08

John has found an Oasis bottle is useful - easy to buy in most shops / service stations, the juice is pleasant enough and the top is wide necked.

https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Oasis-Summer-Fruits/56579011?ds_rl=1126321&ds_rl=1164972&ULP_CAMPAIGN_ID=52&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi9rllOvu4AIVC53tCh3SmAW5EAYYASABEgLFtfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds 

If that doesn't appeal, lots of shops sell purpose designed versions like this one from Boots - https://www.boots.com/safe-and-sound-extra-unisex-urine-bottle-1-litre-10167304 

Edited by member 07 Mar 2019 at 01:10  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 07 Mar 2019 at 06:47

RPJ

I used to have the Boots urine bottle detailed above in my car in case of emergencies. I also had a towel and a spare spare of underpants. The towel is handy  if you get stuck in traffic next to a coach full of people or a lorry cab. Having a pee into any sort of bottle whilst sat in a car seat is not that easy.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 07 Mar 2019 at 06:53
Also get a toilet card , just in case you are viewed being caught short and someone complains and god forbid call the police ,I was caught out many a time after rt session and had to pull into side roads to use portable urinal ,even thou rt finished 4wks ago I still have a few urges and am on Tamsulosin ,so I still carry the bottle but haven’t got to use it , being aware of my surroundings knowing where toilets are .
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 07 Mar 2019 at 00:59
I keep a purpose designed screw on cap urine bottle in my car and it has proved useful on a couple of occasions. Others use various other plastic containers for this purpose. When I needed to urinate frequently after RT and had a long journey in a coach I used a Conveen sheath and tube leading to a bag. (The toilet on the coach was often 'out of order and locked so the bottle idea would have been too awkward).
Barry
User
Posted 07 Mar 2019 at 01:08

John has found an Oasis bottle is useful - easy to buy in most shops / service stations, the juice is pleasant enough and the top is wide necked.

https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Oasis-Summer-Fruits/56579011?ds_rl=1126321&ds_rl=1164972&ULP_CAMPAIGN_ID=52&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi9rllOvu4AIVC53tCh3SmAW5EAYYASABEgLFtfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds 

If that doesn't appeal, lots of shops sell purpose designed versions like this one from Boots - https://www.boots.com/safe-and-sound-extra-unisex-urine-bottle-1-litre-10167304 

Edited by member 07 Mar 2019 at 01:10  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 07 Mar 2019 at 06:47

RPJ

I used to have the Boots urine bottle detailed above in my car in case of emergencies. I also had a towel and a spare spare of underpants. The towel is handy  if you get stuck in traffic next to a coach full of people or a lorry cab. Having a pee into any sort of bottle whilst sat in a car seat is not that easy.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 07 Mar 2019 at 06:53
Also get a toilet card , just in case you are viewed being caught short and someone complains and god forbid call the police ,I was caught out many a time after rt session and had to pull into side roads to use portable urinal ,even thou rt finished 4wks ago I still have a few urges and am on Tamsulosin ,so I still carry the bottle but haven’t got to use it , being aware of my surroundings knowing where toilets are .
User
Posted 07 Mar 2019 at 07:22
Hi -Malcolm4,

Thanks for the warning , I do have the card and Radar key so ready to go .

Thanks for your time RPJ

User
Posted 07 Mar 2019 at 07:25

Hi Chris , thank for your input as i did not think about the towel idea . 

Thanks for your time rpj

User
Posted 07 Mar 2019 at 07:27

Thanks Barry very helpfull infomation ,Regards rpj

User
Posted 07 Mar 2019 at 08:39

I was back driving minibuses and coaches while suffering with urinary incontinence after RP and I used the Conveen system. Naturally on a long haul we stopped every two and a half hours for passenger comfort breaks, but I had no problems with the system. Just ensure that when seated there are no kinks in the pipe.

As things gradually improved I switched to a high volume pad but I found that throughout the healing process hotels were always willing to let me use their facilities when I showed them the card.

All the best

Kevan 

User
Posted 07 Mar 2019 at 09:46
This thread reminds me of an incident probably 15 years ago. A friend worked for a builder and had a works van. Desperately needing a pee when stuck in a traffic jam, he finished off a bottle of Lucazade before peeing into it (although was somewhat alarmed to find it wasn't actually big enough). Left it in the passenger footwell, and made a mental note not to drink it.

Anyway, a few days later, the van was broken in to, as was common at the time (and again now) to steal the builder's tools. As it happened, there were no tools in the van, but he noticed they'd stolen the bottle of "Lucazade". He hopes they enjoyed it...

User
Posted 07 Mar 2019 at 16:20

Likewise  i have a motorhome , very handy with my comdition and fully agreed in europe , i travelled extensively in scandinavia and rest areas competed with each other who had the cleanest and most tidy ! happy days