I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PSA rising back on HT & struggling

User
Posted 08 Mar 2019 at 21:09

Looking for advice OH was diagnosed back in 2011 PSA 95 and gleason 8 , underwent RT & then casodex 3 years been off treatment for 3 years and now PSA rising again, Have started agagetherin HT and he is really struggling he also has rheumatoid arthritis and shattered discs in neck so in constant pain awaiting Scans to see if the neck is causing the pain down right side. He is so depressed and very tired lethargic, sore breasts, shortness of breath. He is hoping that if the PSA comes down they may reduce the HT is this likely or will he be on it now indefinitely?? He is saying if this is only option he wants to come off the HT altogether . Its hard to try and keep him optimistic as prior to the psa tests even though up to 16 he felt ok.    

User
Posted 08 Mar 2019 at 23:37
Can you check the hormone treatment name? I have never come across agagethrrin or anything like that word?

If his PSA reduces and holds stable, he may be suitable for intermittent HT, also referred to as hormone holidays.

Sorry about the moob pain - do they not offer medication or RT to the breast buds in France?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 09 Mar 2019 at 21:34

Was on casodex now in France they have given Flutamelide 250mg 3 times per day waiting for scan for neck now but very low pain walking sleeping . Just since started back on HT has gone back 8 years very worried 

User
Posted 15 Mar 2019 at 19:33

Please read the last couple of years on my profile it may help

Barry