I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Follow up after rt

User
Posted 15 Mar 2019 at 17:54

after finishing   rt , got a follow appointment with consultant . my 3monthly goserelin implant finished 14mar . i should imagine i need another one ? is ht usually continued after rt? if so surly the psa reading are ’ false ’ ? 

User
Posted 15 Mar 2019 at 21:12
It’s normal to have HT for two years, Malcolm, starting 6 months before RT and carrying on for 18 months after it.

Chris

User
Posted 15 Mar 2019 at 22:03
No, PSA readings even with HT are what they are and are not false. However, HT could be holding down PSA due to affecting any remaining PCa cells which without HT could could produce a higher reading. So, while on HT you don't know whether a low figure is due to the HT or successful RT. After HT is ended and it's impact gradually diminishes, you get a better idea of how successful the radical treatment was,
Barry
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 15 Mar 2019 at 21:12
It’s normal to have HT for two years, Malcolm, starting 6 months before RT and carrying on for 18 months after it.

Chris

User
Posted 15 Mar 2019 at 22:03
No, PSA readings even with HT are what they are and are not false. However, HT could be holding down PSA due to affecting any remaining PCa cells which without HT could could produce a higher reading. So, while on HT you don't know whether a low figure is due to the HT or successful RT. After HT is ended and it's impact gradually diminishes, you get a better idea of how successful the radical treatment was,
Barry