I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Tostesterone as a treatment for PC??

User
Posted 19 Mar 2019 at 08:17

An interesting trial that provided tostesterone supplementation post RP.

Take a look at this content on PracticeUpdate: http://prac.co/l/yxbypqoq

I remember reading on this forum about a guy who was "self trialling" tostesterone supplementation while also being on androgen suppressants. I can't remember his username and I don't think he has posted for a while .Does anyone know what has happened to him??

User
Posted 19 Mar 2019 at 18:22

Si_ness persuaded his oncologist to let him try testosterone flooding, based on the US trials - Si was in close contact with the lead researcher and the onco agreed to give it a go (with reservations). It was not successful and Si has been quite poorly recently but I think he still pops in to check on everyone even if he doesn’t post.

Edited by moderator 19 Mar 2019 at 19:36  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 19 Mar 2019 at 18:37
It’s called Bipolar Androgen Therapy. The idea I believe is to do fast cycles between supraphysiological and castrate levels of T to reset the cells so they are hormone naive again. Like all these things it appears to work very well with some, meh with others and harmful for a few. There are also some looking at persistent supraphysical levels as that may work too. I like the idea of the latter as I’ve always wanted to look like Arnie 😂
User
Posted 19 Mar 2019 at 18:57

Yes lyn your right a bit poorly but still check in to check o nthe old timers

My cancer has now gone to the bone marrow so having tranfusions every three weeks this has also rulled out all treatment for the cancer and i have been off all treatmemt since last july

but one treatment i could do is BAT therapy again and i am in the middle of some diacussions with him again

i really rate the treatment and there are loads of trials going on in America but now here

si 

Edited by moderator 19 Mar 2019 at 19:37  | Reason: Not specified

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 19 Mar 2019 at 19:06

Good to hear from you Si, tho weve never conversed, your constant search for options is true inspiration for me in my war. Al