I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bruising after template biopsy

User
Posted 25 Mar 2019 at 10:47

After having a template biopsy (peritoneal) , I noted that I had three "black" areas which I took to be bruising from the biopsy needles. It is now a week later, and the dark areas have also progressed across my scrotum, and also slightly up the base of my penis. Is this normal?

User
Posted 25 Mar 2019 at 11:12
Yes.
User
Posted 25 Mar 2019 at 11:16
I had a yellow and purple oedema the size of my hand across my whole perineum (42 cores sampled).

The bruising should start to disappear about the same time as your semen changes back to vanilla from strawberry.

Best of luck.

Cheers, John.
User
Posted 25 Mar 2019 at 11:26
Thanks for your prompt reply, John
User
Posted 25 Mar 2019 at 12:22

Took about 3 weeks to go, but in the first week it gets worse and spreads as more stale blood makes its way out to the skin.

Bruising in the scrotum actually got a bit itchy, but that went as the bruising went.

User
Posted 25 Mar 2019 at 13:37
I came out in spectacular bruising after my template biopsy - first black and then all the colours of the rainbow!

Chris
User
Posted 25 Mar 2019 at 19:04
Thanks to everyone answering. Very reassuring.
User
Posted 22 Jan 2023 at 08:09
I had a template biopsy 10 days ago and this morning I noticed deep purple bruising on my scrotum and under shaft.. no pain, just a heck of a surprise!
it was very reassuring to quickly find this thread and understand it is completely normal. Also looking forward to the vanilla returning !