Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Slight psa raise

User
Posted 27 Mar 2019 at 14:42

Hello my husband had brachytherapy back in 2015

psa is checked every 6 months, it has been 0.1 for a few years, the latest psa was up to 0.5 is this a cause for concern? or is that raise too small to worry about? 

Next psa is 6 months  thats a long wait to see if it has raised anymore. 

Thanks.

Edited by member 27 Mar 2019 at 17:27  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 27 Mar 2019 at 15:25
Generally, as long as it stays below 2.0 it is okay. He still has a prostate which will be regenerating and producing healthy PSA.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 27 Mar 2019 at 19:32

Thanks for reply Lyn. All we can do is wait 6 months until the next test.

I have been following people on here....I haven’t commented for a long time as the site wouldn’t let me sign in. Apparenly my email address has not been used on this site. So i can’t access mt account. I have not changed email address. The joys of internet! 

I have now signed in with a new name. I used to use sjtb. 

User
Posted 27 Mar 2019 at 20:02

Ah okay, nice to see you back although obviously it is not good that you have problems / worries again

For others, here is the back story https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/default.aspx?g=profile&u=17880

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 27 Mar 2019 at 20:26

Thank you. I am usually fairly good on the internet. But not this time. 

Not a lot to add to the story. PSA  went down to 0.1 for the previous 4 or so tests, taken every Sept. and March. Everything else is fine. Coming off tamsulosin was unsuccessful. So he is staying on it. He no longer sees the consultant. He just phones through thd PSA. This latest was the 0.5

The non medical news....We have moved, he packed up and retired from farming. Being diagnosed with prostate cancer made him realise he wanted to retire at 60 he didn’t want to work 7 days a week all year round anymore. Selling a farm was very stressful. Thankfully behind us now. He still works for farming friends regularly. 

User
Posted 08 Apr 2019 at 12:30

I have just realised having seen my husband had written the readings down, that the readings have been 0.01 but now up to 0.05 (he did tell me point one, not zero point one) so I suppose it hasn’t increased as much as I thought. Will just have to wait for the next one in September. 

User
Posted 08 Apr 2019 at 14:25
That looks like a fantastic result Wiosal :-)