I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

onwards and upwards

User
Posted 29 Mar 2019 at 14:14

Since my last posting, I did contact Consultants secretary and after many prompts managed to bring appointment forward to 25th March. PSA gone up from 0.188 (Feb 19) to 0.206 (March 19) He has referred me to Oncology dept.

Saw Oncology Thursday 28th March, now set for 6 weeks of Radiotherapy and 2 years of Hormone tablets, he is hopeful that all will be cleared. Just hope after gaining full control of waterworks, I don't have a relapse!

Best wishes to all fellow sufferers and their Families.

User
Posted 29 Mar 2019 at 16:53
Barry

Spookily similar in terms of timeframe although you lasted two months longer before relapse.

You will get through the RT with patience and self care. I had six months of HT and out on weight so two years means you will need to work hard on that front!

Good luck!
User
Posted 29 Mar 2019 at 21:25
Best of luck with the RT, Barry. I've just finished RT and didn't find it too bad at all.

Cheers,

Chris
User
Posted 14 Jun 2019 at 13:47

Hi All, just finished 33 sessions of radiotherapy with little side effects apart from the lethargy. Luckily no waterwork problems. Sitting in the "waiting room" now 'till August 6th for next visit to Oncologist and dreaded PSA test.

Please God it's zero.

Best wishes to fellow sufferers.

Barry.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 29 Mar 2019 at 16:53
Barry

Spookily similar in terms of timeframe although you lasted two months longer before relapse.

You will get through the RT with patience and self care. I had six months of HT and out on weight so two years means you will need to work hard on that front!

Good luck!
User
Posted 29 Mar 2019 at 21:25
Best of luck with the RT, Barry. I've just finished RT and didn't find it too bad at all.

Cheers,

Chris
User
Posted 14 Jun 2019 at 13:47

Hi All, just finished 33 sessions of radiotherapy with little side effects apart from the lethargy. Luckily no waterwork problems. Sitting in the "waiting room" now 'till August 6th for next visit to Oncologist and dreaded PSA test.

Please God it's zero.

Best wishes to fellow sufferers.

Barry.