Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

optimistic.

User
Posted 05 Apr 2019 at 15:58

hi every one

i was told in Jan that i had PC i felt devastated scared to death and all the thoughts that probably everyone as had went trough my head such as no it,s a mistake not me this is a dream nightmare i,ll wake up soon realty soon set in yes me and i felt so alone and  thought i was the only one in the world with these problems i felt i was hanging on the edge of a cliff face by my finger tips and was slipping and there was no one their to help i have had my family by my side but it did not seem to help and i thought if anyone else said it will be okay i will explode .

i have since spoken to a support nurse and a cancer support group which have helped more than words can say and reading some of the posts on this forum as also been a tremendous help it shows me it is not all doom and gloom and there is still a lot life to be lived .

thanks to everyone and i wish you all well.

Taxi John

User
Posted 05 Apr 2019 at 16:51
Glad to hear you’re in a better place now mentally, John. It is a huge shock to be told that you have cancer. What treatment are you having?

Best wishes,

Chris
User
Posted 06 Apr 2019 at 12:58

hi chris .thanks

my treatment is six months on hormone tablets i have had just over two months worth and i am due in hospital next week to have the gold seeds in planted  then twelve day,s later i go back to start four weeks of radiotherapy  28 sessions  weekends off .

i think i,have got it right i will have to double check next week everything is still a bit hazy  

User
Posted 06 Apr 2019 at 17:02
Best of luck - I had the same treatment myself. I finished my radiotherapy about 10 days ago, and didn’t find it too unpleasant. Do you have far to travel to get to the hospital where you’re being treated?

Cheers,

Chris
User
Posted 07 Apr 2019 at 14:45

hi chris.

it's not to bad i live in frodsham cheshire and can jump straight on the M56 it takes about 30 minutes to get to clatterbridge. i can see on your profile you are in the warrington area did you have your treatment there or at clatterbridge and how are you feeling now, my results where very similar to your's.