I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bazza health update April 2019

User
Posted 06 Apr 2019 at 16:10

Just had my fifth Taxotere cycle and this one has been horrendous. Okay on the morning I have it then not just fatigue but a complete inability to sleep, a feeling like my veins are on fire and my bones are aching so much. It is akin to wanting to jump out of my body but being completely unable to - a feeling of being ill but not exactly knowing what the illness is.

I simply don’t know whether I can do the sixth one as this is the most painful and horrendous I have ever felt. 

I had a scan just before chemo 5 which shows significant decrease in size of three of the four nodes but the forth one, an illiac node, showing a weird slight increase. I do not know why that should be. Also, since chemo one, my pSA has fallen from 41 to 19 which I suppose is good.

My thrombosis in the left leg is bothersome only relieved by wearing the compression stocking but it is only a slight inconvenience.

So that’s about it. I don’t know whether chemo is or will be worth it - whether it will increase my life nor indeed roughly how long I have left. The pessimist in me says dead by next May but you never know. Answers on a postcard.

User
Posted 25 Apr 2019 at 19:51
Well done Bazza, once again you have shown that you are stronger than you think.

We are busy buying a house in France - I expect you to make me a cup of tea at some point x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 26 Apr 2019 at 18:01
We are not moving out there to live, I just need a base for when Bazza is misbehaving. Alternatively, somewhere beautiful to stay when we get too old for the tent ...
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 06 Apr 2019 at 22:55

The reduction in size of 3/4 of four nodes plus reduction in PSA suggests the chemo is doing a good job? 

The way it is making you feel sounds horrendous.

As to whether the chemo will extend your life, that’s a difficult one.

All the best,

Ian

Ido4

User
Posted 06 Apr 2019 at 23:12
A decision only you can make. If you make the wrong choice you may only make it once?

Signs are heading the right way which is encouraging.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 07 Apr 2019 at 10:51
Barry really sorry to hear what you are going through. But you can do this. Your PSA has reduced your nodes are reducing in size. You can do this mate....

Bri

User
Posted 07 Apr 2019 at 11:04

I can only imagine how awful your experience is, and, in a sense, your predicament is one that all of us expect to face at some point in the future.

For what it's worth, I think your decision should be based more on how well you are in the space between courses - and in general, how much 'living' you are able to do.

And while no-one can predict how long you have, it's all about what you can do with the time available.

I'm sure you've already considered these issues; but I'm also sure you'll feel that little bit better once you've made your decision: do be sure you have the best information before you decide. Good Luck

User
Posted 07 Apr 2019 at 14:48
Bazza keep going. I know what you mean, Chemo left me pretty wiped out for 4 months, nearly jacked it in half way through but my wife made me persevere.

Just one more session to go then a couple of months to recuperate and get some of your strength back. Your results are looking promising.

John

User
Posted 08 Apr 2019 at 14:24
Hi Bazza

Tony will be having his 9th on Friday, some of these he has felt really rough others has has been right as rain, if I remember rightly his 4th and 7th where the worse, please try and carry on if possible if the most of the nodes have shrunk and the psa has dropped the chemo must be working just try to stay strong for a little bit longer xxx

barbara

User
Posted 25 Apr 2019 at 13:16

So, this Monday, I finally finished my six rounds of Taxotere. The hospital said that I could have another two as I’d tolerated it well but in their view, it would not make much difference at all.

My latest scan of four weeks ago revealed that three of the four lymph’s involved had reduced in size considerably, just one had a small increase though this wasn’t seen as a worry as it wasn’t a major lymph. My start PSA was 45. My PSA on my fifth cycle had fallen to 20.4 but on the sixth one just fell 0.3. 

So I’m not sure if this is a result or not. I just want my hair back rom the soft brush like tufts I have now and moe energy. When will this all come back to me 

User
Posted 25 Apr 2019 at 13:20
As you know I’m no expert but it certainly sounds like a result to me. The cancer has been significantly shrunk which is great. Knew you could do it mate

Bri

User
Posted 25 Apr 2019 at 13:39
Best wishes Bazza and well done mate
User
Posted 25 Apr 2019 at 17:41

Bazza, certainly sounds like a result - and a really positive one too! Now go find that energy!

Flexi

User
Posted 25 Apr 2019 at 18:58
Well Done and great results, Tony has his last one next Friday so hope his results are just as good.

Regards Barbara x

User
Posted 25 Apr 2019 at 19:16

Great results Bazza! Well done.

User
Posted 25 Apr 2019 at 19:51
Well done Bazza, once again you have shown that you are stronger than you think.

We are busy buying a house in France - I expect you to make me a cup of tea at some point x

User
Posted 25 Apr 2019 at 19:57

Where?

User
Posted 25 Apr 2019 at 21:29
Good news,

Pleased for you.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 25 Apr 2019 at 22:05
Verteillac, an hour due north of Bergerac.

User
Posted 26 Apr 2019 at 01:33

Just the small matter of 300km away Lyn! Lol x

User
Posted 26 Apr 2019 at 09:24
Am I not worth it?

User
Posted 26 Apr 2019 at 11:29
Great news Bazza

With Lyn in France now could be a good time to come back!!

User
Posted 26 Apr 2019 at 16:05
🤣🤣🤣

User
Posted 26 Apr 2019 at 18:01
We are not moving out there to live, I just need a base for when Bazza is misbehaving. Alternatively, somewhere beautiful to stay when we get too old for the tent ...

User
Posted 27 Apr 2019 at 09:02

Bazza

you star! What a result. And now Lyn has threatened you with a visit, albeit with a 300km chance to tidy up and get the kettle on. Amazing!

love Devonmaid 

User
Posted 29 Apr 2019 at 19:36

Well done Bazza, you made it through with good results.  Keep going.

Steve