Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hello I am new here

User
Posted 07 Apr 2019 at 10:49

Hello 

I am so pleased to have found this forum at this very difficult stage in our lives and have already identified situations similar to mine as the wife of a husband suffering from advanced prostate cancer. My husband has had chemotherapy and responded well and is currently taking  Prostap , his PSA remains stable at 0.65 at the moment and his pain is minimal.

He is a very positive person and  in the main currently manages to take one day at a time, he does have some very down days.He is not great at opening up and discussing his feelings. I too try to remain positive but it’s hard sometimes to offer comfort when he closes up. It can be a lonely  and frightening journey as the wife and being able to come on here is great 

User
Posted 07 Apr 2019 at 14:16
Hello,Lorraine R ,

We all feel your pain ,just ask away if you need any advice or even if you just need a sounding board !

We’re all here to help if we can .

Best wishes

Debby

User
Posted 07 Apr 2019 at 15:10
You’re not wrong, Lorraine. I’m in the same boat. I’ve been shut out and shouted at - but it’s brought us closer too. It’s really tough, but you’re not on your own.

Best wishes

Betty x

User
Posted 07 Apr 2019 at 15:24

I was always open about my aggressive PC, I was a little selfish in our relationship, I suppose that came with being married for 42 years and taking each other for granted. My wife came with me for every RT session to support me. I am definitely a different person, for the better, than I was pre diagnosis and treatment.

User
Posted 07 Apr 2019 at 17:31

Thank you all very much 

User
Posted 07 Apr 2019 at 22:02

hi Lorraine
I am glad you have joined the community - there are many people on here who are very supportive and understand some of the complex feelings that are aroused by a diagnosis of cancer. 

Nice to meet you.

Edited by member 16 Dec 2019 at 23:00  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 08 Apr 2019 at 06:59

Thank you it’s good to talk as they say, A  my husband has metastatic prostate cancer which has spread a long way into his bones and lymph nodes, he gets very tired with the side effects of the Prostap but it is working for now and keeping the beast under control.

We have been married 34 years this year and in some ways this awful situation has brought us closer together, we do try and take each day as it comes , A is better at that then me in the main. He is determined to make my 60th next year and stays very positive he is an inspiration. 

Going for coffee and cake and watching a good film together make us happy and appreciate the little things in life which didn’t always do before. You have to adapt make changes which can be frustrating but we get over that and carry on trying to stay positive.

A doesn’t like to talk about the cancer unless he really has to whereas I find talking and sharing helpful so I have joined this forum on my own and already feel more supported.