I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

HT and pain

User
Posted 18 Apr 2019 at 09:47

My dad was diagnosed with advanced pc with spread to his bones. He is on monthly injections had first one last week his psa was 1000 can anyone tell me if the ht will help with pain as he’s on oxy and hates taking paracetamol normally 

User
Posted 03 May 2019 at 21:01

Hi I've been told dad's on HT for life. Even if it's not effective with keeping psa in check it acts as a painkiller and helps with bone pain. 

User
Posted 03 May 2019 at 22:06
It depends littleredcar - sometimes the pain gets a bit worse to begin with but then improves as the tumours shrink. Sometimes it is the tumours shrinking that causes the pain!
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 03 May 2019 at 21:01

Hi I've been told dad's on HT for life. Even if it's not effective with keeping psa in check it acts as a painkiller and helps with bone pain. 

User
Posted 03 May 2019 at 22:06
It depends littleredcar - sometimes the pain gets a bit worse to begin with but then improves as the tumours shrink. Sometimes it is the tumours shrinking that causes the pain!
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 04 May 2019 at 10:02

He’s actually managing on paracetamol at the moment but looks awful has lost lots of weight in last 2/3 months still very weak and breathless 

User
Posted 04 May 2019 at 12:31
Has he been checked for anemia??
User
Posted 04 May 2019 at 14:46
He had four transfusions over 3 weeks ago