Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

ZOLDONAT

User
Posted 23 Apr 2019 at 07:36

Dear All,

what is the use of zoldonat injection ???????? 

regards,

Bose

User
Posted 23 Apr 2019 at 10:52

Well, I never heard of it, but Uncle Google says it's a bisphosphonate, which I do know about.

The bones in your body are continuously renewed, by your body dissolving out the calcium, and replacing it. When you are on hormone therapy (and for some women after menopause), the loss of testosterone (estrogen in women) significantly slows the replacing of bone, so your body continues dissolving it away, but doesn't replace it as fast, so bones become less dense and weaker.

There are two ways to treat this - try and make sure your body has all the calcium and vitamin D it needs, but in the absence of hormones, than only works when you are stressing the bones with weight bearing or shock/impact exercise.

The other way is to reduce the body's rate of dissolving out the calcium in the first place, and that's what bisphosphonates do.

The other thing is might be used for is if bone mets are causing release of too much calcium into the blood, as it will reduce the calcium coming from your bones.

User
Posted 23 Apr 2019 at 13:18
Dear Andy62,

Thank you very much.

Loss of testosterone in body cause pain. That's why my father is having pain in shoulder. Due to loss of testosterone in body Bisphosphonate help to reduce pain in shoulder????? shoulder pain recently occured

please tell

Regards,

Bose

User
Posted 23 Apr 2019 at 13:43

I'm not aware bisphosphonates will reduce pain. Normally, they are used to prevent bone weakening and resulting fractures.

Your dad has mets, so it might be being used if his blood calcium levels are too high due to mets speeding up calcium release.

Hormone therapy can cause joint pain, and mets can cause bone pain. His sholder pain could be due to one of those (is that a site of a known met?), or be something completely unrelated. Ask his oncologist for advice.

User
Posted 24 Apr 2019 at 07:24
Dear Andy,

Thanks for your quick response.

Sure , I will ask to oncologist .When my father diagnosed mets is in only spine and neck there is no mets in shoulder . But few months back there is pain in shoulder especially in night and movement of hand . when he is sitting idle there is no pain. current psa 0.02. but oncologist said this is normal pain because bones are weak . but few months back there is no shoulder pain

regards,

Bose