I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

skin and bone

User
Posted 29 Apr 2019 at 10:08

hi,i had my last zoladex jab in 2016,and my last 6 monthly check up in dec psa 0.03, testosterone non existant,i hate the way i look i am just skin and bone without testosterone,i have always been thin but this is horrible,my own testosterone is shut down because i was on trt before i was dx with pc,my clothes no longer fit me and i have to wear thick clothes to try and make me look a bit fatter,it is really embarassing,i have really been thinking about getting a little bit of test and doing it myself for quality of life because i am becoming a hermit,i am not looking forward to summer,any help please.

User
Posted 29 Apr 2019 at 10:57
Have you seen your GP with these issues?? If not suggest you start there..
User
Posted 29 Apr 2019 at 14:26
Michael,

You seem to think that your weight loss is attributable to HT but you have been off it for long enough now to have got over any side affects of HT. in any event, where there is a significant change in weight whilst on HT, most men, like me tend to put on weight rather than lose it, perhaps at least in part due to having less energy they are not quite as physically active as hitherto. I think the suggestion to see your GP is a sensible one and perhaps also to see a nutritionist to check your diet.

Barry
User
Posted 29 Apr 2019 at 18:32
thanks,when i went for my flu jab about 4mths ago the nurse said good god,when i went to see gp,i told him what the nurse said,i said to him shall i show you what i look like he said no just weighed me 8st,regarding my diet i am eating ok,i dont eat junk,like i said i have always been thin but not like this,i know for a fact its with not having no testosterone because as soon as my test was wiped out when i was first dx could tell straight away,regarding putting on weight with ht yeah round your belly but i never,thanks.
User
Posted 29 Apr 2019 at 18:57
You may have metabolic issues eg thyroid that may be the cause. You need to investigate rather than just assuming is is low T.
User
Posted 30 Apr 2019 at 09:27
thankyou.
User
Posted 30 Apr 2019 at 11:29
Tell you GP you think something is going on and ask for a range of tests. If he plays up, go to your hospital and ask them.