I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Testosterone and B12

User
Posted 03 May 2019 at 16:27

Just a thought ,been back on Prostap for about eighteen my Testosterone is low and my PSA is 0.04
but I am super tired , I was thinking of taking B12 Tablets to boost my energy levels .
Any advice anyone
Barry

User
Posted 03 May 2019 at 21:03
Vitamin D if you supplement anything

5000 iu

User
Posted 03 May 2019 at 20:28
I think you need to discuss with your onco, uro or allocated nurse. Research has consistently made links between excessive B12 and PCa so although you need to have it, finding sources in your diet might be better than taking supplements.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 03 May 2019 at 20:41
Oh dear , I’ve been on prescription B complex and Thiamine for 6 months now due to fatigue etc. It has helped but didn’t know there was a link.
User
Posted 07 May 2019 at 11:34

I've been off the HT since April 2018....still have no energy at all...saw the urologist re a prostate infection....he tested everything, including for the first time my testosterone level....he said he would of expected it to have recovered or at least have started but no...he didn't say what it was just that he could not give me testosterone.

Like I said , I am always shattered....got a desk job now....always had a very physical job before this...in 3 years I have put 3.5 stones on......Mind you I am still here so I will take that.

Shaun 

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 03 May 2019 at 20:28
I think you need to discuss with your onco, uro or allocated nurse. Research has consistently made links between excessive B12 and PCa so although you need to have it, finding sources in your diet might be better than taking supplements.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 03 May 2019 at 20:41
Oh dear , I’ve been on prescription B complex and Thiamine for 6 months now due to fatigue etc. It has helped but didn’t know there was a link.
User
Posted 03 May 2019 at 21:03
Vitamin D if you supplement anything

5000 iu

User
Posted 03 May 2019 at 22:05

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

If it is a prescription, you are presumably at no risk of excess

User
Posted 07 May 2019 at 11:34

I've been off the HT since April 2018....still have no energy at all...saw the urologist re a prostate infection....he tested everything, including for the first time my testosterone level....he said he would of expected it to have recovered or at least have started but no...he didn't say what it was just that he could not give me testosterone.

Like I said , I am always shattered....got a desk job now....always had a very physical job before this...in 3 years I have put 3.5 stones on......Mind you I am still here so I will take that.

Shaun 

User
Posted 07 May 2019 at 12:11

It is a strange dilemma.

If your testosterone recovers naturally as is intended, it may give you PCa recurrence.

However, if it doesn't recover, you can't have testosterone supplements, because it may give you PCa recurrence.

I'm not sure if there's any direct correlation, but given how drastically my testicles have shrunk on HT (by 60% volume last time I measured, and still shrinking fast), I'm not hopeful I will ever get testosterone back naturally after HT. Would be interested to hear from others if they got testosterone back after such shrinkage.

As for tiredness - I haven't noticed any yet, but I am doing lots of exercise to try and keep my body in shape.

User
Posted 07 May 2019 at 14:30
In hindsight I think there is a mental aspect to the tiredness because low T reduces the drive to get stuff done. I found it was almost impossible to beat that and go to the gym when it hit hard .
User
Posted 07 May 2019 at 19:13
I had last of 3 yrs Zoladex implants in June 2018, I had all the expected side effects. Still waiting to 'recover' as it were but there are signs things changing i.e. body hair growing back and have some hair under arms again. Weight still a couple of stone too much, still tired etc but reckon it's still early days yet.