Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

I need your advice

User
Posted 22 May 2019 at 18:57

Hi 

this morning I got out of bed and my left leg collapsed on me, also my left hand side of my lip was tingling along with my fingers on the left hand. My first thought was a stroke so rang 111 and they sent the paramedics who took me to hospital where I underwent tests. Blood all ok, ecg  ok, brain scan ok, jugulars being tested tomorrow. The only thing that was out of kilter was my blood pressure 205/105 which got me thinking, 6weeks ago I started Degralix and one of the side effects is high blood pressure albeit 1/100 so my question is has anyone experienced this, as my blood pressure is usually pretty normal.

i am aware of SCC but that wouldn't cause the tingling in my lip and fingers would it.

cheers

Roy

User
Posted 22 May 2019 at 22:18
Hope you get it sorted Roy whatever it is

Keep kicking it mate

Bri

User
Posted 22 May 2019 at 22:28
Tingling lips, feet, hands and / or numb legs are symptoms of high blood pressure Roy, but there are other possibilities that I would want ruled out.

Have they checked your kidneys? Have you ever had tendency to migraine?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 23 May 2019 at 16:55

My blood pressure seems to have gone up by 20mmHg on starting Zoladex.

My GP wanted to leave it for a couple of months and recheck before making any changes to my blood pressure meds (Lisinopril).

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 22 May 2019 at 22:18
Hope you get it sorted Roy whatever it is

Keep kicking it mate

Bri

User
Posted 22 May 2019 at 22:28
Tingling lips, feet, hands and / or numb legs are symptoms of high blood pressure Roy, but there are other possibilities that I would want ruled out.

Have they checked your kidneys? Have you ever had tendency to migraine?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 22 May 2019 at 23:11

Hi lyn

thanks for the reply I have never suffered from migraine, but on my last scan my left kidney showed damage which I don't know if it's related to the chemo. According to my records in the passed my kidney function has always been in range and they have taken a lot of blood today but I don't know if they tested the kidney function. Just don't understand the sudden rise in blood pressure.

hi Bri

thanks for the support

thanks

Roy

User
Posted 23 May 2019 at 16:42

Hi

just an update. Had my ultrasound to the neck to check the blood flow and the guy who did it said it seems to be within the normal limits. 

Yesterday when I arrived home I took 1 aspirin and within half an hour I could walk without falling over, today I have taken an anticoagulant and tonight a statin so we will see how it's goes. One thing has surprised me is that after returning home from the ultrasound my blood pressure is normal in both arms, now this may not seem important but for most of my life my left arm has always been 30 to 40 systolic less than my right arm so something is happening.

another thing I have found out after research is that Degralix doesn't directly cause high blood pressure it is the castration process itself.

"In men with prostate cancer degarelix and leuprolide have similar cardiovascular safety profiles. These observations suggest that the cardiovascular events associated with both agents result from hypogonadism rather than a direct drug effect."

all the best

Roy

Edited by member 23 May 2019 at 17:37  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 May 2019 at 16:55

My blood pressure seems to have gone up by 20mmHg on starting Zoladex.

My GP wanted to leave it for a couple of months and recheck before making any changes to my blood pressure meds (Lisinopril).