I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Aching testicle infection-anyone had this?

User
Posted 29 May 2019 at 16:25

Just finished 2 weeks of antibiotics-following diagnosis of a right testicle infection( no symptoms other than a dullish ache). Some improvement-65%-and GP has now prescribed a further weeks supply to hit it on the head( hopefully). Sensibly-he has also asked me to do another PSA in around a week-just to monitor that that I am still on the "undetectable route". Lets hope so--and if not ...this is a setback

Questions-

Why did I get this infection in the first place and why one year AFTER  my April 2018 prostatectomy?...when we meet again following PSA result-I will discuss with GP and ask him to jot my Hospital consultant a line-and obviously take it up myself at my next appointment there in august.

All comments welcome

User
Posted 29 May 2019 at 16:58

No reason to suppose it’s connected to your RP. I recently had a testicular infection (epididymitis), which had nothing whatsoever to do with my PCa. Fortunately (because it was jolly painful!) a two-week course of ciprocloxacin quickly cleared it up.

Best wishes,

Chris

Edited by member 29 May 2019 at 16:59  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 May 2019 at 12:15

After I had my prostatectomy, I repeatedly had testicular infections.  Eventually, they investigated testicular cancer but concluded I had lymphodema as a result of my surgery.  I have a constant dull ache and am told nothing can be done about it.

ulsterman

Edited by member 30 May 2019 at 12:16  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 31 May 2019 at 08:10
The doc may be treating you for infection but if there are no symptoms (swelling, temp, raised blood counters) he may be treating you speculatively.

I had "dull aches" down there about 18 months after surgery, I remember because I was skiing at the time and was convinced the tumour was growing back! It was probably the skiing!

4 years since diagnosis and the only pain I get now is from my arthritic hip.

User
Posted 31 May 2019 at 10:23
I had ‘love’ or ‘blue’ balls after an unrequited petting session with a young lady around fifty years ago.

I feel your pain, but I doubt I can help with your current problem!

Best of luck for a speedy recovery.

Cheers, John.