I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

After hormone injections

User
Posted 04 Jun 2019 at 10:20

Well I finished treatment last feb (rt) during the last year I had 3 hormone injections (zoladex , 3 monthly ) consultant pleased with psa 0.03 ( blood tests 6 monthly ) and said no need for anymore injections , my question is , my current injection ‘runs out ‘ 11 June , so when and how long will it take for the hormones to ‘wear’ off ? And has anyone tips for some one in my condition. Thanking you all . 

User
Posted 24 Jun 2019 at 22:38
I was on Zoladex for 6months and it was a further 6 months after this before the meds were out of my system, Libido, muscles started returning etc.

G

User
Posted 05 Jun 2019 at 10:09
Definitely several months.

I finished 3 years of hormones about 18 months ago, and still have some of the effects (some are permanent). You had just the three doses of Zoladex to my dozen, so I'd guess the effects are less likely to be permanent, and most will be long gone within the year: for me, the lethargy was first to go (3-6 months), and I managed to lose pretty much all the weight I'd put on within about 9 months. I still get very occasional hot flushes,

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 04 Jun 2019 at 17:16

Hi Malcom4,

I had my last PROSTAP injection January 3rd.

I still get hot flushes and my sleep is poor but I do feel slightly different without being able to pin that down.

The body hair I lost whilst on PROSTAP hasn’t reappeared so I guess my testosterone is still low.

Exercise and good diet are the only advice I can give.

Ido4

User
Posted 04 Jun 2019 at 18:21

Many thax , hot flushes and poor sleep for me as well , body hair as well gone , muscle tone ? I stayed on a good diet whilst going thru treatment , but since then afraid let it slip will have to get back to it especially after weight put on thru hormone  treatment . Once again thax for info . 

User
Posted 04 Jun 2019 at 19:08

Hot flushes are not a good indicator of recovery from HT, as they can continue on long after other symptoms have all gone.

Ido4, you could ask for a testosterone level test, although at just 3 months after the end-date of last injection is too early to be worried as yet (although if it was me, I'd be curious to know and would ask anyway).

User
Posted 05 Jun 2019 at 10:09
Definitely several months.

I finished 3 years of hormones about 18 months ago, and still have some of the effects (some are permanent). You had just the three doses of Zoladex to my dozen, so I'd guess the effects are less likely to be permanent, and most will be long gone within the year: for me, the lethargy was first to go (3-6 months), and I managed to lose pretty much all the weight I'd put on within about 9 months. I still get very occasional hot flushes,

User
Posted 24 Jun 2019 at 22:38
I was on Zoladex for 6months and it was a further 6 months after this before the meds were out of my system, Libido, muscles started returning etc.

G