I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Have successfully been treated with Brachytherapy.

User
Posted 04 Jun 2019 at 18:27

Hi guys my first post and just to say that Brachytherapy treatment worked for me . My history goes along the lines of by chance my PSA was pick up while having a blood test at the doctors for  Cholesteryl and I asked the doctor to tick the PSA test as I was in that age bracket..then 54 .

My PSA came back at 4.3 and was given the option of  Monitor it for 6 months or look into it further, I opted to have what ever treatment was needed to get it sorted.

Have the two finger test done by many doctors but once past that point anything I was to have done I took in my stride !, had an MRI and that detected something wrong, then a Biopsy and that found Gleason 3+3, I was given the option of daily radio therapy or Brachytherapy the later suited my life circumstances best .

I had 75 radioactive seeds implanted into my Prostate in Feb 2017 and since then my PSA as been checked over a period of time and as gone down to safe levels .

last test done in feb this years is now at 0.47 so I’m very pleased with that and life is looking good πŸ‘πŸ».

Edited by member 05 Jun 2019 at 15:13  | Reason: Not specified

Survived Prostate cancer with Brachytherapy seeds.

User
Posted 04 Jun 2019 at 18:27

Hi guys my first post and just to say that Brachytherapy treatment worked for me . My history goes along the lines of by chance my PSA was pick up while having a blood test at the doctors for  Cholesteryl and I asked the doctor to tick the PSA test as I was in that age bracket..then 54 .

My PSA came back at 4.3 and was given the option of  Monitor it for 6 months or look into it further, I opted to have what ever treatment was needed to get it sorted.

Have the two finger test done by many doctors but once past that point anything I was to have done I took in my stride !, had an MRI and that detected something wrong, then a Biopsy and that found Gleason 3+3, I was given the option of daily radio therapy or Brachytherapy the later suited my life circumstances best .

I had 75 radioactive seeds implanted into my Prostate in Feb 2017 and since then my PSA as been checked over a period of time and as gone down to safe levels .

last test done in feb this years is now at 0.47 so I’m very pleased with that and life is looking good πŸ‘πŸ».

Edited by member 05 Jun 2019 at 15:13  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Jun 2019 at 10:22

Hi Genmaster,

Welcome to the club nobody wants to join it sound like you are winning after the Brachytherapy treatment .

I also had Brachytherapy in September 2016 with a Psa of 2.19 and Gleason 3+4=7 and so far the PSA has dropped to 0.22 last January and i have future tests extended yearly to January 2020.

We don't have many Brachytherapy guys on here so it's good to share notes with someone that had the same operation.

good luck John.

User
Posted 05 Jun 2019 at 19:34
I had my brachy in Oct 18 so early days for me. My first PSA test was 1.2 down from 10.8 at the time of the Brachy. I am 75 so I didn't want surgery. I have had a few side effects but I have coped so far. John

Gleason 6 = 3+3 PSA 8.8 P. volume 48 cc Left Cores 3/3, Volume = 20% PSA 10.8 Feb '19 PSA 1.2

Jan '20 PSA 0.3 July '20 0.1 Jan. 21 < 0.1 Dec 21 <0.01 June '22 <0.01 April '23  <0.01

User
Posted 11 Jun 2019 at 16:54
Hi Genmaster,

I had Brachy back in 2015...PSA now 0.0014 or something like that and I have been given the all clear. Everything is more or less back to what it was before the treatment, somethings not quite the same but interesting if you get my drift. So far i have no regrets. I wish you well in your progress.

Alan

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 05 Jun 2019 at 10:22

Hi Genmaster,

Welcome to the club nobody wants to join it sound like you are winning after the Brachytherapy treatment .

I also had Brachytherapy in September 2016 with a Psa of 2.19 and Gleason 3+4=7 and so far the PSA has dropped to 0.22 last January and i have future tests extended yearly to January 2020.

We don't have many Brachytherapy guys on here so it's good to share notes with someone that had the same operation.

good luck John.

User
Posted 05 Jun 2019 at 11:43
Hi John it was the option given to me as my PSA was not too high, I’m also a carer at home so going in everyday for radiotherapy was just not possible...it’s worked out well for me other that carrying the seeds in my Prostate for life ...was told airport security might pick up on them but I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it .

...and yes any advise I can offer on brachytherapy I’ll do my best to answer πŸ‘πŸ».

Geoff.

User
Posted 05 Jun 2019 at 19:34
I had my brachy in Oct 18 so early days for me. My first PSA test was 1.2 down from 10.8 at the time of the Brachy. I am 75 so I didn't want surgery. I have had a few side effects but I have coped so far. John

Gleason 6 = 3+3 PSA 8.8 P. volume 48 cc Left Cores 3/3, Volume = 20% PSA 10.8 Feb '19 PSA 1.2

Jan '20 PSA 0.3 July '20 0.1 Jan. 21 < 0.1 Dec 21 <0.01 June '22 <0.01 April '23  <0.01

User
Posted 11 Jun 2019 at 16:54
Hi Genmaster,

I had Brachy back in 2015...PSA now 0.0014 or something like that and I have been given the all clear. Everything is more or less back to what it was before the treatment, somethings not quite the same but interesting if you get my drift. So far i have no regrets. I wish you well in your progress.

Alan

User
Posted 11 Jun 2019 at 17:38

Hi Genmaster .... great news. It would appear to have been a very successful LDR Brachy for you. I also had this op about the same time as yourself (31st Jan 2017- 55 seeds). Unfortunately, my operation failed to deal with all the cancer. My PSA is currently 6.3 (doubled in the last 12 months). Currently on Active Surveillance with possible HT in the future! Thank goodness I'm 75!!!

Tom