I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

I am very worried but positive

User
Posted 05 Jun 2019 at 10:24

I am glad to have found this forum, im Nelson 25 years old from Nigeria West Africa

In the month Of march 2019 i started to experience urinary symptoms and was treated for uti but after a few days the situation was different with difficulty having a bowel movement. in April i had an ultrasound and prostate volume was 87.1cm3, i was referred to a urologist who requested a total PSA after the DRE.

PSA came out 0.75ng and he didn't think i needed a biopsy..but I've been feeling very uncomfortable and unusual with a lot other symptoms aside urinary symptoms. I've opt to see another urologist with the test results and medications i received from the previous one to shrink the prostate...

Please i need advice on how i could deal with this frustrating situation...

User
Posted 05 Jun 2019 at 11:36
Hi Nelson,

It’s extremely unlikely you have prostate cancer at your youthful age, so if I were you I would put it right to the back of my mind, and work with your urologists to find out the real cause of your problem.

Going forward, always remember black men are more prone to contract PCa (as we call it, as we are lazy typists) than white men.

Get well soon.

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 05 Jun 2019 at 21:28

Thank you so much for your words Bollinge! My next appointment is in two days 7th  June and i previously had urinalysis and KUB ultrasound so I'll keep this conversation going... Thank you once again.

User
Posted 05 Jun 2019 at 23:39

Hi, Your prostate is large. Three times larger than mine was before it was removed.  It could be causing other problems to the urinary system which backs up to the kidneys.  To be honest I know very little about it but it's unlikely to be cancer and likely to be treated with drugs from what I read.  Don't ignore it.   All the best.

User
Posted 06 Jun 2019 at 06:24

Thanks peter , i stay positive.