Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Whats is next after enzalutamide stops working

User
Posted 08 Jun 2019 at 19:58

Hi.

Hubby was diagnosed in Jan 17 with stage 4 spread to bones. Been on zoladex since. Dec 19 psa started doubling in a month and put on bicalutamide.  Jan 19 this did nothing, so put on enzalutamide. Apr 19 had to stop as not working either, and also damaging his liver. May 19 liver now fine. Back to oncologist July but not sure what to expect. He is being tested on the Triton 3 trial, but we know the chances of getting on this is slim, as you need to have the Brac gene. He doesn't want chemo. Any ideas on what they can offer him. At present he is lucky and not in any pain. He keeps stating that he won't be here at Christmas, but what is his life expectancy,  and I know it's only a guess as everyone is different. Thanks

User
Posted 09 Jun 2019 at 00:15
Hi Linda

How old is hubby? I'm stage 4 and sceptical about treatment v QOL

Can't blame him for not wanting chemo, I had it October-January and felt like death.

5 months on and I'm feeling back to normal and planning walking Hadrian's wall coast to coast with my boys in October.

Guess it comes down to treatment or not and at the moment glad I put myself through chemo and RT to give myself a few more months of life.

Good luck to your husband.

User
Posted 09 Jun 2019 at 00:21

Hi jasperm.

He is a young 77. Totally active and so far no pain 

User
Posted 09 Jun 2019 at 11:59
I know everyone is different, but I didn’t think chemo was any where near as bad as I expected, if needed I would have it again.

Stay strong