I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

NICE Guidelines -proposed update

User
Posted 12 Jun 2019 at 00:42

This link shows draft proposals for updating NICE guidelines out for consultation.  There's a lot of interesting data and statistics and much to plow through but some very interesting information for those who have not already found it :- https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng131/documents/draft-guideline

Barry
User
Posted 12 Jun 2019 at 06:15
Thanks Barry
User
Posted 12 Jun 2019 at 06:46
Cheers Barry
User
Posted 12 Jun 2019 at 08:31

Hi Barry, 

Only had a quick look so far but it makes interesting reading. 

Thanks. 

Steve 

User
Posted 12 Jun 2019 at 08:42
As you say very interesting, particularly the bits on RT following RP.

The recommended follow up PSA checks are also interesting I thought I was being radical opting for annual checks after 2 years but according to nice that is their recommendation.

User
Posted 12 Jun 2019 at 09:02
Hi Barry.

I don't do very much on the Forum these days although I keep looking in to see how everyone is getting on.When I say everyone I mean those who were around when I was a little more active on the Forum.

Your posting here concerns the draft Consultation for NICE guidance/ng131/documents/draft-guideline. The full guidance was published on 9 May 2019 under the link below.

www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng131

This latest guidance from NICE replaces their guIdelines CG175 and DG17

I say no more other than it makes for an interesting read!

Best regards to you and the other long standing members of the Forum.

Alan

User
Posted 12 Jun 2019 at 09:14

Interesting Information Barry. I note that in my situation the oncologist used his experience to combine HT with radical salvage radiotherapy as my PSADT was 1.2 months which is now a recommended approach.

Ido4

User
Posted 12 Jun 2019 at 10:07

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Hi Barry.

I don't do very much on the Forum these days although I keep looking in to see how everyone is getting on.When I say everyone I mean those who were around when I was a little more active on the Forum.

Your posting here concerns the draft Consultation for NICE guidance/ng131/documents/draft-guideline. The full guidance was published on 9 May 2019 under the link below.

www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng131

This latest guidance from NICE replaces their guIdelines CG175 and DG17

I say no more other than it makes for an interesting read!

Best regards to you and the other long standing members of the Forum.

Alan

I'm in for my first appointment with my oncologist this PM so this was a very good read thanks :)

User
Posted 01 Jul 2019 at 20:49
I was t2c yet they treated me as intermediate not high risk as this suggests

I was not offered docetaxel which this recommends for high risk

I was given hormone therapy yet this did not recommend it for relapse by default

I was given an mri scam but they did not recommend it for a relapse

All a bit random really and I have no idea if I was intermediate or high risk in reality

Hey ho