Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Yorkhull has left us

User
Posted 23 Jun 2019 at 21:29

dear friends

I saw today that our dear friend YorkHull has passed away (last Friday), so many posts on Facebook from his devoted students. Such a lovely, lovely man which will be sadly missed. I thought those not on Facebook might wish to know that his journey has sadly ended.

with sadness Devonmaid 

Edited by member 23 Jun 2019 at 22:59  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 10 Jul 2019 at 22:29
Lesley and I attended Paul’s funeral yesterday. The place was overflowing with people wanting to pay their last respects.

Three of his old colleagues/friends shared some very funny and touching memories of Paul. His son Joe gave a very moving tribute as did two of his very close friends.

Paul had led an amazingly full and interesting life and the lives of many people are better off due to the work he has done over the years

RIP Paul you will be missed by so many

Bri

User
Posted 23 Jun 2019 at 22:44
Devastated - he changed so many people's lives and quietly worked to change the system from within, one of the cleverest and most loving people I have ever had the pleasure of calling a friend.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 23 Jun 2019 at 21:29

dear friends

I saw today that our dear friend YorkHull has passed away (last Friday), so many posts on Facebook from his devoted students. Such a lovely, lovely man which will be sadly missed. I thought those not on Facebook might wish to know that his journey has sadly ended.

with sadness Devonmaid 

Edited by member 23 Jun 2019 at 22:59  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 Jun 2019 at 22:38
One of life's unforgettable characters.

Rest easy Paul

Roger
User
Posted 23 Jun 2019 at 23:26

I can only echo Lyns word Devastated so so sad to hear this , such a intelligent and gentle man . The world has lost someone special .

Good Night Paul your circle has finally come to an end 

BFN

XXX

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 25 Jun 2019 at 16:36
So sorry and saddened to hear this news yesterday.

Paul was an oustanding contibutor to these forums and helped countless members through their trials and tribulations despite having mutiple severe health issues of his own.

I didn't expect this at all. Just last June he was showing Lynn and I his new car, complete with hoist should he ever need it.

That was at The Mill On The Soar annual summer get-together. As always he was as upbeat and pro-active as ever.

So many of us had the privilege of meeting him many times, because after first coming to The Mill in June 2012, just 5 months after his diagnosis, he became an 'ever present' at every function that followed, even at some of our winter-meet ups in London.

His passing is a massive loss to all in this community.

REST IN PEACE NOW PAUL

User
Posted 25 Jun 2019 at 20:44

Even though I have previously said goodnight to Paul , I don’t feel that my words have given the right goodnight that he deserves.

He was one of the first to reply to my oh so many dramatic and jumbled pleas for help all those years ago . Over the years his calm sense of acceptance helped me to arrive at my own acceptance of the circle of life .

He probably never knew how much his words helped and made sense of Trevor’s journey and my acceptance of what was about to happen and the inevitability of our very own Ever Decreasing Circles . His calmness and honesty , his acceptance of death but his love of life gave me so much strength .

So a letter to you Paul 

Hi Paul ,

Hey I here you moved ?  I know you are not a fan of over emotional stuff and are probably focusing on your cricket . I did here this summer is going to be very busy for you as you have so many things planned .  Let’s hope the rain holds off . 

Have a fab summer 

love you loads 

xxx

BFN Julie 😘

Dear Paul , 

you might never get a chance to read this but I am so grateful and Thankful that I was privileged to know you , your every Decreasing circle encompasses so many .  Many more than you will ever know .  

User
Posted 25 Jun 2019 at 23:07

Made me cry, Julie. I think he knew very well how much he helped others and how much we thought of him. 

Lots of love to you and the boys xxx

Edited by member 25 Jun 2019 at 23:09  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 20 May 2020 at 23:23

Only just read this - shocked and surprised as Paul has been taken - his post's gave no indication that he was anywhere near the end - but that's a mark of his positive nature - right up to the chequered flag.... Paul was a big bear of a man with a gentle wry humour who i chatted with at the Euston Flyer at George's great get-togethers and always learned something from - Rest easy Paul - you deserve it...

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 23 Jun 2019 at 22:38
One of life's unforgettable characters.

Rest easy Paul

Roger
User
Posted 23 Jun 2019 at 22:44
Devastated - he changed so many people's lives and quietly worked to change the system from within, one of the cleverest and most loving people I have ever had the pleasure of calling a friend.

User
Posted 23 Jun 2019 at 23:26

I can only echo Lyns word Devastated so so sad to hear this , such a intelligent and gentle man . The world has lost someone special .

Good Night Paul your circle has finally come to an end 

BFN

XXX

User
Posted 23 Jun 2019 at 23:38

I sat beside him last year at the Mill on the Soar get together.  So sad to see he is no longer with us.

User
Posted 24 Jun 2019 at 04:50
Thank you for letting us know Allison. Very sad that we have lost another great long time member. My deepest condolences to all affected or who knew him.
Barry
User
Posted 24 Jun 2019 at 05:32

Didn't know Paul at all but in his posts he very much came across as a lovely lovely man. So sad he didn't get his wished for summer  but hoping he is in an  eternal summer now with no more pain.

Ann

User
Posted 24 Jun 2019 at 06:04
Awful to read this morning. Rest in peace Paul
User
Posted 24 Jun 2019 at 07:20
As he said in his final post at MR, he was given two years to live on diagnosis, but actually had more than seven years, so he did pretty well. RIP, Paul.

User
Posted 24 Jun 2019 at 07:42
Such sad news, fly high Paul xxxxx
User
Posted 24 Jun 2019 at 08:50

Condolences to Paul’s family.

An articulate, loving, positive man. Will miss his insights.

Ido4

User
Posted 24 Jun 2019 at 08:52

So sad to hear this news,  we had the pleasure of meeting Paul several times, he will be missed, rest in peace.

Love Chris and Dawn.

User
Posted 24 Jun 2019 at 09:12

Sad news, condolences to Paul’s family and friends. What a lovely man he was, so kind, thoughtful, intelligent, and a massive loss to our community here. 

User
Posted 24 Jun 2019 at 10:48

Rest in Peace now Paul.

Will miss you greatly 😥

User
Posted 24 Jun 2019 at 10:50
Thanks for letting us know such sad news Allison. I just wasn't expecting that. Such an inspiring man. My condolences to family and friends.

Ray

User
Posted 24 Jun 2019 at 11:15
I am so sorry to hear this news. I have just read his last blog - what a thoughtful man. Thinking of his family at this very sad time
User
Posted 24 Jun 2019 at 15:25

So sad to see this lovely man go, he had a way with words that many will never match.I followed him from my own diagnosis in 2016 and was amazed how he kept so upbeat over his condition making many of us laugh at times and always fighting to the end.

Rest in Peace Paul John.

User
Posted 24 Jun 2019 at 18:18

A very sad day - so long Yorkhull

User
Posted 24 Jun 2019 at 19:50

Sad news.  Condolences to his friends and family.   Another good man lost to this disease

User
Posted 24 Jun 2019 at 20:39
Spoke to Paul on the 27th May , I knew he was in bad health ,but this is still a shock

Barry

User
Posted 24 Jun 2019 at 21:17

Sleep easy brother. Keep a pint on draught for me. I’m on my way. 

Bazza Barry

User
Posted 25 Jun 2019 at 15:42
Like many others I was sorry to read the sad news about Paul. I enjoyed Paul's company at the Leicester "get togethers" and I am sure his detailed contributions will be missed. Condolences to Paul's family.

Alan

User
Posted 25 Jun 2019 at 16:36
So sorry and saddened to hear this news yesterday.

Paul was an oustanding contibutor to these forums and helped countless members through their trials and tribulations despite having mutiple severe health issues of his own.

I didn't expect this at all. Just last June he was showing Lynn and I his new car, complete with hoist should he ever need it.

That was at The Mill On The Soar annual summer get-together. As always he was as upbeat and pro-active as ever.

So many of us had the privilege of meeting him many times, because after first coming to The Mill in June 2012, just 5 months after his diagnosis, he became an 'ever present' at every function that followed, even at some of our winter-meet ups in London.

His passing is a massive loss to all in this community.

REST IN PEACE NOW PAUL

User
Posted 25 Jun 2019 at 20:44

Even though I have previously said goodnight to Paul , I don’t feel that my words have given the right goodnight that he deserves.

He was one of the first to reply to my oh so many dramatic and jumbled pleas for help all those years ago . Over the years his calm sense of acceptance helped me to arrive at my own acceptance of the circle of life .

He probably never knew how much his words helped and made sense of Trevor’s journey and my acceptance of what was about to happen and the inevitability of our very own Ever Decreasing Circles . His calmness and honesty , his acceptance of death but his love of life gave me so much strength .

So a letter to you Paul 

Hi Paul ,

Hey I here you moved ?  I know you are not a fan of over emotional stuff and are probably focusing on your cricket . I did here this summer is going to be very busy for you as you have so many things planned .  Let’s hope the rain holds off . 

Have a fab summer 

love you loads 

xxx

BFN Julie 😘

Dear Paul , 

you might never get a chance to read this but I am so grateful and Thankful that I was privileged to know you , your every Decreasing circle encompasses so many .  Many more than you will ever know .  

User
Posted 25 Jun 2019 at 23:07

Made me cry, Julie. I think he knew very well how much he helped others and how much we thought of him. 

Lots of love to you and the boys xxx

Edited by member 25 Jun 2019 at 23:09  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 09 Jul 2019 at 22:45
I am so very sad to hear this. Always loved reading his posts. My condolences his his family and friends xx
Debbie xxx
User
Posted 10 Jul 2019 at 22:29
Lesley and I attended Paul’s funeral yesterday. The place was overflowing with people wanting to pay their last respects.

Three of his old colleagues/friends shared some very funny and touching memories of Paul. His son Joe gave a very moving tribute as did two of his very close friends.

Paul had led an amazingly full and interesting life and the lives of many people are better off due to the work he has done over the years

RIP Paul you will be missed by so many

Bri

User
Posted 12 Jul 2019 at 09:54

Thanks you so much Bri

Rest in Peace Paul, he was so loved by family, friends and colleagues and so much fun. We will always miss you.

love Devonmaid xxxxx

User
Posted 12 Jul 2019 at 13:53
Thank you Bri - I was so sad not to be able to attend.

Fly free, Yorkhull - I will miss you, my friend x

User
Posted 12 Jul 2019 at 16:30
yes I knew you was in France Lyn. It’s a pity more couldn’t make but everyone has busy lives I suppose. Si was too unwell or he would have been there for sure xx

Bri

User
Posted 14 Jul 2019 at 20:12
They did it Paul 🏏
User
Posted 20 May 2020 at 23:23

Only just read this - shocked and surprised as Paul has been taken - his post's gave no indication that he was anywhere near the end - but that's a mark of his positive nature - right up to the chequered flag.... Paul was a big bear of a man with a gentle wry humour who i chatted with at the Euston Flyer at George's great get-togethers and always learned something from - Rest easy Paul - you deserve it...

User
Posted 20 May 2020 at 23:27
It was his birthday last week - I still miss him. Good to see you popping in denden - how are you?

User
Posted 21 May 2020 at 01:57

Paul, you were of so much help when I was a quivering wreck. It would have been all too easy to just ignore me but that was never in your character. We never met on this plane but shared a passion for the sport of greats - cricket I guarantee to hunt you out for a drink or three when I reach the other side soon. 

THE BRAVEST OF BROTHERS

Bazza (Barry)

Edited by member 21 May 2020 at 01:59  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 Jul 2020 at 21:47

Hi Lyn,

Fizzing and popping with no problems ..very well thanks :-) 

How are you doing? Glad to see you are here with your sound support as always - great stuff!

Sorry about the delay in answering *blush*