I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Diagnoses And Symptoms

User
Posted 26 Jun 2019 at 14:16

Hi all, my diagnosis is still going 3 months after it started seeing the doctor this may be normal, Im not sure. 

After having a PSA reading of 22 followed by 6 weeks of  UTI’s and weeks of Antibiotics my PSA level returned to

normal which was great although, my MRI scan showed a diffused change within the prostate and the consultant was unsure what’s happening. Because of this there doing a Cystoscopy this coming Monday followed by a prostate biopsy date of the biopsy not yet finalised.  Im concerned because I still have pain in the urethra when peeing, lost appetite and a feeling a of nausea throughout the day. Has anyone else had the lost appetite and nausea feeling?

User
Posted 26 Jun 2019 at 15:06
Those certainly don't sound like symptoms of prostate cancer, Patrick, so whatever the problem is, I don't think it's cancer!

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 26 Jun 2019 at 15:14

I agree, those are typical infection symptoms, and not those of prostate cancer at all.

The most common symptom of prostate cancer is...

nothing.

I'm not sure an MRI will be able to accurately distinguish an area of cancer from an area of infection. It can show an abnormal area, but not why it's abnormal - that requires a biopsy targeted at that area.

Of course, having an infection doesn't rule out also having prostate cancer so you must get it checked out, but at least you do have a non-prostate cancer reason for the symptoms.

Edited by member 26 Jun 2019 at 15:16  | Reason: Not specified