Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Shocked at being diagnosed

User
Posted 28 Jun 2019 at 10:53

Hi guys 

Just joined the site nobody wants to be on.

Got diagnosed 28/03/2019 initial psa was 7.4 which rose to 9.26 over 10 days I've had biopsy and MRI.

This showed 34% tumour in prostate with a gleeson of 3+4.

I had a rp on the 13th of June so just over 2 weeks ago still quite sore and really hurting to go to the loo when I pee the last little bit stings and as for bowel movement I'm nearly in tears lol.

Things ive noticed since my OP are I can get a lazy one on wich as surprised me because I only had partial sparing also the incontinence issues are not as bad as first feared.

Also the sweating as stopped that used to get me really down.

Looking forward I hope my 1 month review will be favorable and no signs of cancer then hopefully I can move on with life.

Cheers guys 

Garry 

Be positive stay positive 

User
Posted 28 Jun 2019 at 14:46

Any erection response just over 2 weeks after RP is quite amazing, and suggests you have a good chance of some long term recovery.

However, I think you should still plan for a reasonable recovery period in case it's needed. Look up Penile Rehabilitation, which is about preserving the erectile body of the penis while it is unable to get natural erections, because if you don't have erections for a long time, the penis becomes damaged (reduction in length and girth) and won't be able to have as effective erections when the nerves do heal. You will have lost some length due to the RP, and you don't want to lose any more. Ask your consultant how long before you can start using an erection pump, and if you can be prescribed a low dose daily PDE5 inhibitor, such as 5mg Tadalafil, which will also help preserve penis function. You might be referred to an erectile dysfunction (ED) clinic for this, but if there's a long waiting time, don't defer rehabilitation, and get yourself an erection pump.

User
Posted 28 Jun 2019 at 15:16

Hi Andy 

Thanks for the reply I'm not ready to shout from the roof tops just yet but I am thrilled that there is a little bit of something going on down stairs.

I had already come to terms with the fact that things may take time and also the fact it may never work again.

I'm booked in with my own gp on the 12th to discuss penile rehabilitation

Cheers 

Garry 

Be positive stay positive