I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pain management

User
Posted 29 Jun 2019 at 10:42

hi I’ve posted on here recently about pain in the perenium but this week I’ve struggled with dull pain at the base of my penis almost like it’s being squeezed I’m now 6 weeks post RP bladder control is coming back dry at night I’ve been taking paracetamol but that’s not touching it is this normal should I see my gp for stronger meds as it’s stopping me from doing day to day stuff just need some advice or reassurance 

Thanks in advance 👍

User
Posted 30 Jun 2019 at 07:30
Always get unexplained pain checked out.
User
Posted 30 Jun 2019 at 14:27

hi.

Is this constant pain or discomfort ?   I had no meds after a couple of days post op.

As Jonathan states.  get it checked.    I passed a hem-o-lok clip a week or so after catheter removed.   clips might be irritating a nerve .   you should not be needing much or any pain relief at 6 weeks.   I assume no swelling or you are feeling unwell.

hope this helps.

the bladder can spasm and take a whilst to retrain.  adjust  .  even after 4 yrs for me I can get some discomfort as bladder fills and sitting in car etc.   however this is mild ache/ discomfort.  once empty bladder all fine.  post orgasm also aches for a few hours.  Never any pain to cause any distraction.     With any pain... is it getting worst or better.    

User
Posted 30 Jun 2019 at 15:50

I call it the “undercarriage,”if you’ve have your prostate removed then the “undercarriage “ will ache for a considerable time. I bought myself an inflatable ring from Boots to sit on until the pain subsided.

Good luck

User
Posted 01 Jul 2019 at 19:40

Hi James,

Steve had a lot of perenium discomfort as well as a constant ache at the base of his penis. For him it lasted about 10 weeks and he took cocodamal to get him through the working day. 

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 30 Jun 2019 at 07:30
Always get unexplained pain checked out.
User
Posted 30 Jun 2019 at 14:27

hi.

Is this constant pain or discomfort ?   I had no meds after a couple of days post op.

As Jonathan states.  get it checked.    I passed a hem-o-lok clip a week or so after catheter removed.   clips might be irritating a nerve .   you should not be needing much or any pain relief at 6 weeks.   I assume no swelling or you are feeling unwell.

hope this helps.

the bladder can spasm and take a whilst to retrain.  adjust  .  even after 4 yrs for me I can get some discomfort as bladder fills and sitting in car etc.   however this is mild ache/ discomfort.  once empty bladder all fine.  post orgasm also aches for a few hours.  Never any pain to cause any distraction.     With any pain... is it getting worst or better.    

User
Posted 30 Jun 2019 at 15:50

I call it the “undercarriage,”if you’ve have your prostate removed then the “undercarriage “ will ache for a considerable time. I bought myself an inflatable ring from Boots to sit on until the pain subsided.

Good luck

User
Posted 01 Jul 2019 at 13:35

Hi it’s discomfort rather than pain it’s eased a bit today I’ve taken no meds since yesterday but I’ve had internal hemerroids on and off the last 6 weeks number 2s are now regular but quite firm intend to push the hemrroids back in or they tend to return on there own after each movement no blood or soreness but driving a car or sitting on a firm seat causes discomfort as described on my original post seeing my consultant post RP next week armed with my psa test that I’m doing this week .... he could see me this week tho if needed 

User
Posted 01 Jul 2019 at 19:09

Saw the consultant he had a good feel around nothing sinister just need to rest more and get a  rubber ring to sit on just takes time to heal 👍

User
Posted 01 Jul 2019 at 19:40

Hi James,

Steve had a lot of perenium discomfort as well as a constant ache at the base of his penis. For him it lasted about 10 weeks and he took cocodamal to get him through the working day. 

User
Posted 04 Jul 2019 at 09:22

Hi I went to see my GP and he’s prescribed Naproxen 2 a day and tbh the pain has gone I’m still a little swollen inside 6 weeks now but it’s managed and I can nearly sit straight on a hard chair .... little steps