Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Decapeptyl side effects

User
Posted 02 Jul 2019 at 09:30

Hi All

I had my first injection in April 2017 and then 6 monthly.

I have had hot flushes from the start and a little while later , possibly a year, started to get rally tired.
I also have aching joints in my legs
I am now getting an uncomfortable feeling, dull ache, in my stomach or groin area both sides.

My question is, can some Decapeptyl side effects manifest themselves after a couple of years.
I am getting worried I may have some other cancer creeping up on me.

My blood tests, so far, have all come back OK. Ive got my next one in 3 weeks.

Thanks

Nigel

User
Posted 03 Jul 2019 at 07:39

I am also on 6 monthly Decapeptyl and have been since November 2017. I have also had hot flushes since the get go and they seem to be getting more frequent, but that might be my imagination. My wife and I sleep together but we now have separate single duvets so that I can fling it off and pull it back over without bothering or waking her!  I don't have aching legs etc at the moment but a year after I started Decapeptyl, I developed what appears to be arthritis in the fingers of both hands - they are especially painful on waking.  My oncologist agreed it may be caused by the Decapeptyl.  I started taking tumeric tablets 5 weeks ago and they seem to be working!  Although my fingers are still a little stiff in the morning, it is much less painful to flex them and get them working normally.  

User
Posted 03 Jul 2019 at 06:45
If your PSA results are still good it is unlikely to be prostate cancer creeping up on you. But I would suggest you get your symptoms checked out by your doctor anyway just to sure it's not a reaction to the HT or some other issue.
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 03 Jul 2019 at 06:45
If your PSA results are still good it is unlikely to be prostate cancer creeping up on you. But I would suggest you get your symptoms checked out by your doctor anyway just to sure it's not a reaction to the HT or some other issue.
User
Posted 03 Jul 2019 at 07:39

I am also on 6 monthly Decapeptyl and have been since November 2017. I have also had hot flushes since the get go and they seem to be getting more frequent, but that might be my imagination. My wife and I sleep together but we now have separate single duvets so that I can fling it off and pull it back over without bothering or waking her!  I don't have aching legs etc at the moment but a year after I started Decapeptyl, I developed what appears to be arthritis in the fingers of both hands - they are especially painful on waking.  My oncologist agreed it may be caused by the Decapeptyl.  I started taking tumeric tablets 5 weeks ago and they seem to be working!  Although my fingers are still a little stiff in the morning, it is much less painful to flex them and get them working normally.