I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Enzalutamide available?

User
Posted 16 Jul 2019 at 12:24

Hello, my father in law has been on Enzalutamide, however, his oncologist has recently advised he will no longer prescribe this.  Could anyone advise of availability privately or other methods of availing of this?

Many thanks

JBT

User
Posted 16 Jul 2019 at 21:23
I have replied to your query on another thread - if they are no longer willing to prescribe it, it is because it is no longer working. You might be able to get it on private prescription but it is nearly £3000 per month and you would have to find an oncologist willing to prescribe it against the patient's own oncologist's wishes, which will not be easy.

Why do they think it isn't working any more?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 16 Jul 2019 at 22:16

Hi there

Assuming it’s no longer working there wouldn’t be much point in asking elsewhere. We are expecting to have to drop it next week when we see the oncologist. It worked for a few months but my husband’s condition has rather dramatically deteriorated recently and it’s obvious it’s not working anymore. He’s still taking it until the oncologist says no, just in case, but I don’t see the point if it isn’t working.

we expect to get offered steroids at our visit but we will see. Nil desperandum and all that.

love Devonmaid xxx