Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Private PSA mess up

User
Posted 19 Jul 2019 at 11:15

RP February 2018, now on 6 monthly PSA

as I am working away from London, I pay for my own PSA test which I forward to nhs

I have used a private clinic twice in the past year, and had results as promised next day

This time, after sample taken, and next day results promised, that it would be 3 days.They had labelled the sample for complete prostate profile.Even thou I don’t have one

Chased them, and was promised results yesterday.Which didn’t come.

Paid £120 to avoid stress and inefficiency, and after 2 days, still no result on a test that in London has a 6 hour turn around, and was promised next working day.

I just want the results, but now seems I have to sabre rattle on breach of contract.Would anyone be able to advise the best response to this SNAFU?

User
Posted 19 Jul 2019 at 15:58

If they've messed up and you start threatening them, I wouldn't trust them not to just make up a value, if they have any past values of yours. If they ask for another sample, I might be more inclined to trust the result.

I looked for private PSA test a while back and could only find ones that had a two week turnaround (plus a wait until they were taking bloods nearby) or same/next day which came with a consultation. Neither suited what I was after.

Edited by member 19 Jul 2019 at 15:59  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 19 Jul 2019 at 16:13
Almost all private PSA tests are processed at an NHS lab. Will they tell you which lab they use so that you can get the results direct?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 19 Jul 2019 at 15:58

If they've messed up and you start threatening them, I wouldn't trust them not to just make up a value, if they have any past values of yours. If they ask for another sample, I might be more inclined to trust the result.

I looked for private PSA test a while back and could only find ones that had a two week turnaround (plus a wait until they were taking bloods nearby) or same/next day which came with a consultation. Neither suited what I was after.

Edited by member 19 Jul 2019 at 15:59  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 19 Jul 2019 at 16:13
Almost all private PSA tests are processed at an NHS lab. Will they tell you which lab they use so that you can get the results direct?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 19 Jul 2019 at 18:31

They have refunded me, as well as giving me the Lab report, so have acted well 

The processing lab is a well known one used by the NHS , and the results have always been acceptable to the CNS.

Been a bit stressful, though...