I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Docetaxel side effects

User
Posted 01 Aug 2019 at 10:54

I am about to have the 6th dose of my second course of docetaxel; the first course was nearly 4 years ago when I was diagnosed. The PSA has been falling nicely. I wondered if anyone else has had this chemo and suffered the side effect of weak and tired-feeling legs, which can make long walks a bit of a chore? My oncologist is not too worried as it isn’t bone pain and I am otherwise OK.

User
Posted 02 Aug 2019 at 20:02

You seem to be doing well. Tiredness is very common. I also suffered from a horrible taste in my mouth and total hair loss.

Good luck completing your course of treatment!

Best regards

User
Posted 03 Aug 2019 at 12:11
Dear DarkWarrior,

Hoping you find strength with each new day..

chemo Ended (august 2018)

Same issue with my father he feel weak and tired , hair loss due to nerves damage in legs he is unable to walk . By god grace Now he is able to walk without support (wobble leg) .

Regards,

Bose

User
Posted 04 Aug 2019 at 10:05

Hi, I had Docetaxel last year finished in July. Ever since I've found walking any distance hard work. Any hills or inclines especially challenging. Stairs are a bit of a chore as well. I've had loads of checks including MRI scans of my spine to make sure nothing else going on, and it isn't. So the findings are...its after effects of the chemotherapy. 

Good news is that since then my PSA has been undetectable until last test when it rose to 0.4. Next blood test this week with 6 month follow up with Oncology. I've everything crossed that the PSA is still very low. 

Keep at it. It's not great at the time but worth it.

User
Posted 04 Aug 2019 at 10:15
Have you had your heart checked? My father-in-law was left with heart damage as a result of docetaxel but it went undiagnosed for a couple of years because no-one told him that it was a potential risk.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard