Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hello I’m new and scared

User
Posted 02 Aug 2019 at 13:18

Hello , 

my husband is 67 and was diagnosed this week. We are devastated. 

Gleason score of 3+5 =8

psa 3.8 

waiting now for bone scan ...... consultant say nothing was on the mri but still need to do the bone scan .......

i would love your thoughts 

User
Posted 02 Aug 2019 at 14:26

Please avail yourself of the highly informative ‘Toolkit’ information pack available to download on this website, or my preference, the ‘Toolkit’ folder available by post. It is packed with information to help you make sense of your (his) situation.

https://prostatecanceruk.org/prostate-information/our-publications/publications/tool-kit

Best of luck.

Cheers, John.

Edited by member 02 Aug 2019 at 14:30  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Aug 2019 at 14:33
Hello Francine and sorry you join us due to your husband having been diagnosed with PCa. Let's hope his bone scan shows no cancer and that the staging is early, that gives the best chance of cure through although this is generally termed as being in remission. Even where PCa has spread there are various treatments that can be administered to delay it's progression.

After hubby has had the bone scan ask for a full diagnosis (if one is not given). If you obtain one and post it under your Profile/Bio, we can see more definitely where hubby is. Meanwhile, I would suggest you obtain a copy of "The Toolkit" available as a download or a hard copy from the publications section of this Charity. It provides a lot of information about the disease and treatment options.

Do let us know know how things go.

Barry
User
Posted 02 Aug 2019 at 22:45
Hello again Francine,

I see you have another thread on the same lines. It would be helpful for you and others if you consolidated into one thread. You could copy and paste to achieve this and then use the delete button X to delete the one you discontinue.

Barry