I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bazza blood test rsults

User
Posted 02 Aug 2019 at 19:27

Two weeks after chemo, what had been a 50% reduction rocketed to a PSA level of 95.

rive weeks into radiotherapy and after during the worst insomnia, sickness, diahrea and fatigue, PSA now dropped 50% to 47.5. All other markers look okayish but not sure how to translate from French abbreviations. The ALP level  I think is called phosphotases alcalines and is 75 which, according to the sheet is bang Centre in the mid range of where it should be. More worrying is neutrophils which are up 1000 at 3566 but still, according to the sheet, dead centre. Not sure whether to laugh, cry or whatever?

User
Posted 02 Aug 2019 at 19:39
Brilliant - all halves and centres
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 02 Aug 2019 at 19:44

The rise in neutrophils might be in response to your bout of diarrhea?

User
Posted 02 Aug 2019 at 19:48
If your neutrophils are up that is a good thing. After surgery mine were so low I was diagnosed with neutropenia as it is life threatening— even a cold. I was isolated. Turned out my bipolar meds were causing it. Low neutrophils are common with RT and Chemo so you are actually recovering.

Get some cheese and wine down you ....

User
Posted 02 Aug 2019 at 21:01
Bazza ,

watching with concern ,

good luck

Barry

User
Posted 03 Aug 2019 at 14:30

It sounds as if things are much better than you expected and being in the middle seems ok. May we have lots more posts and enjoy the rest of the Sumner time.

User
Posted 03 Aug 2019 at 20:56

Blood test results in the centre of the range is good. 

Ido4

User
Posted 07 Aug 2019 at 16:15

Keep going Bazza. You have much more to give yet .

Phil

User
Posted 07 Aug 2019 at 16:45

I don’t understand all the results, but if everyone’s saying it’s good, I’d go with that.  Que le Seigneur sort loue!  (Still can’t find the accents on my iPad)

User
Posted 10 Aug 2019 at 00:53

Bazza

John’s ALP is 178 and his LDH now 478, both indicative of advanced disease. We don’t need these to tell us how he’s doing, which isn’t great. I’d take these results and be happy.

love

Devonmaid xxx

User
Posted 10 Aug 2019 at 07:42

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I don’t understand all the results, but if everyone’s saying it’s good, I’d go with that.  Que le Seigneur sort loue!  (Still can’t find the accents on my iPad)

To get accented letters on an iPhone or iPad just hold down the key on the on-screen keyboard. Eg I'm typing this on my iPhone and holding down the e key gives me èéêëēėę.

Cheers,

Chris

User
Posted 01 Apr 2020 at 21:47
Oh love, your profile does not make good reading. So it seems you have moved into the final stage although who knows how long that final stage may last. I hope that you at least get a summer of French sun, and maybe a little wine although I think you probably aren't eating much cheese.

Laugh for as long as you can, my dear friend xxx

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 02 Apr 2020 at 03:29

Bazza, 

It's hard to know what to say. 

I will pray that somehow the pain you're going through will be taken away.

You have inspired me and I'm sure many others with your bravery and the wonderful writing you have shared with us.

Thank you for all you have done. 

Steve 

User
Posted 02 Apr 2020 at 06:05
Has this post been deleted?? Anyway mate having messaged you I can only repeat that all our best thoughts are with you. Take care and enjoy what you can
User
Posted 02 Apr 2020 at 06:33

Have been thinking about you, stay strong

barbara xx

User
Posted 02 Apr 2020 at 09:52

Bazza, hard to know what to say but had to say a big thank you for sharing your journey with us. It’s been hard for you but your sharing has helped many of us cope with our own battles , physically and mentally. You are much stronger than you think.

Best wishes 

Phil 

User
Posted 02 Apr 2020 at 09:57

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Has this post been deleted?? Anyway mate having messaged you I can only repeat that all our best thoughts are with you. Take care and enjoy what you can

No, nothing has been deleted. I saw Flexi had posted so I read Bazza's profile. 

User
Posted 02 Apr 2020 at 10:21

Sorry you have reached this point Bazza. You have been an inspiration to so many of us on our own cancer journeys so I thank you for that.

Your writing style and content is so good.

I hope the pain can be managed better if possible by your medical team.

Ian

Ido4

User
Posted 02 Apr 2020 at 12:21

I actually emailed you this news Lyn a few days ago. He contacted me. Not sure if you got it but thanks

Edited by member 02 Apr 2020 at 12:23  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Apr 2020 at 13:28
Sorry Chris - I haven't seen that email. Will check inbox later

User
Posted 02 Apr 2020 at 21:44

Bazza 

Sorry to hear your news. Thinking of you.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 03 Apr 2020 at 07:32

So sorry, you are in my thoughts Spartacus .

Edited by member 03 Apr 2020 at 07:33  | Reason: Not specified

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 06 Apr 2020 at 17:59

You will fight this Bazza
Regards Barry