I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pains and worries

User
Posted 07 Aug 2019 at 15:03

Recently I had separation surgery at T12 in readiness for Cyberknife radiotherapy once my wound has healed. I was given the usual painkillers; morphine and ketamine straight after the surgery and then Tramadol, Pregabalin and paracetamol in recovery. All these painkillers led to constipation so I was also given Senna, dioctyl and lactulose to help me go.The hospital food contained nothing that would help. I was allowed to call for 5 mls of morphine every 2 hours. The pain caused by the operation was easily catered for but I was left with,at times, an excruciating pain in my left hand side lower stomach at a very precise point. Morphine made no difference to the pain. In the end I stopped taking the laxatives. Senna was the worse for pain as I ceased taking the other laxatives  the pain lessened and when I was laxative free the pain disappeared. After a long wait on the lavatory I did the business big time. Only one of my nurses knew that Senna Pods were pretty viscious. Of course, it may be different for you. Best wishes anyway. SH