Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bloated stomach, restriction in passing wind

User
Posted 27 Aug 2019 at 17:52

Afternoon,

I had my Robotic prostatectomy 5th August. I realise its early days, but have several concerns. 

My stomach is continuously bloated, and feels worse after eating food. Also I have problems with trapped wind, causing discomfort. This is difficult to pass as leakage happens if I try to get rid and so I have to sit on the toilet in order to do so. 

Is the pains I'm getting in my lower part of my stomach due to overwork.

Many thanks

User
Posted 27 Aug 2019 at 19:48
Could be healing adhesions. I know it doesn’t help but mine lasted 3 yrs. Far too early days for you to panic yet , you’ve had a black and decker let loose in their
User
Posted 27 Aug 2019 at 22:15

hi

As long as you feel fine. No worries.  Mine took about 6 weeks before anything like normal.

However I was on no meds and minimal discomfort. 

I assume you are walking daily and not lifting.   ie steady progress, more each day.

You shouldn't be in constant pain. I assume you are passing motions as 'regular' as before Op .  and how is urine control  ?

Are all incisions nearly healed?

regards Gordon 

User
Posted 27 Aug 2019 at 23:24
What kind of overwork do you mean? At 3 weeks post op, you shouldn’t be doing much more than lifting a kettle.

Have you tried peppermint tea for the wind?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 27 Aug 2019 at 19:48
Could be healing adhesions. I know it doesn’t help but mine lasted 3 yrs. Far too early days for you to panic yet , you’ve had a black and decker let loose in their
User
Posted 27 Aug 2019 at 22:15

hi

As long as you feel fine. No worries.  Mine took about 6 weeks before anything like normal.

However I was on no meds and minimal discomfort. 

I assume you are walking daily and not lifting.   ie steady progress, more each day.

You shouldn't be in constant pain. I assume you are passing motions as 'regular' as before Op .  and how is urine control  ?

Are all incisions nearly healed?

regards Gordon 

User
Posted 27 Aug 2019 at 23:24
What kind of overwork do you mean? At 3 weeks post op, you shouldn’t be doing much more than lifting a kettle.

Have you tried peppermint tea for the wind?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Aug 2019 at 08:00

There is alot of information about the pre opp, however very little post opp information. 

Its then hard to know what is "normal & if its expected"

I am waiting for a call today from my key worker re this.

User
Posted 28 Aug 2019 at 08:02

Thank you for your reply

Yes doing minimal lifting, and having 2 cups of peppermint tea per day.