I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PATCH and RADICAL TRIAL

User
Posted 28 Aug 2019 at 10:01

We have been asked to assist INVOLVE with finding volunteers to join the Trial Management Group of the PATCH and RADICALS trials, as patient representatives. The role of the group is to monitor all aspects of the conduct and progress of the trial, to ensure that the protocol is adhered to and take appropriate action to safeguard participants and the quality of the trial itself.

This role can be done from home and ideally volunteers will be able to commit to the full trial period.

https://www.ctu.mrc.ac.uk/studies/all-studies/p/patch-pr09/  

Unfortunately we can't upload the document  which outlines the volunteer role on here but if you would like further details please email sue.boyes@prostatecanceruk.org 

User
Posted 28 Aug 2019 at 15:42

Hi Sue,

If you don't mind this is more a conversation starter and query than an offer to help.  You can delete it if you don't want comments.

This sounds an interesting trial.   It seems a fairly obvious treatment to trial and you could think it shows that prostate cancer treatment has not been given a priority.

Does it mean different sorts of drugs will be trialled with these patches as the body starts to adapt to one treatment or is it an additional treatment.

The role of volunteer is to manage the trial rather than participate and I was wondering how much time and what equipment it needs.  It's unlikely I'll have time but it could be tempting if it wasn't too much.

Regards
Peter

User
Posted 28 Aug 2019 at 16:50

HI Peter,

Unfortunately I can't answer your question on the drugs which will be trialled as this is an external research project.

I will email you the document which has the full role description.  

thanks

Sue