I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Waiting....:

User
Posted 11 Sep 2019 at 21:23

so hubby had mpMRI a week ago. He chased hospital today to be told his report is not ready and he can chase after 17 days! How rubbish. He’s seen the referral from DRE which says his prostate is enlarged with a harder lump so we are kind of gearing up for not the best news. What is the normal time to wait in your experience? Thanks 

User
Posted 11 Sep 2019 at 23:19
Usually, it is assessed by the radiographer and the report is passed to the urologist to decide what to do next. If hubby hasn't already had a biopsy, I would expect that to be the next contact you get. Once all the reports are in (DRE, mpMRI and biopsy) it all goes to a multi-disciplinary team to agree diagnosis and potential treatment options. Then you should get a urology appointment where the recommendations of the multi-disciplinary team are reported to you. So 2-3 weeks would seem about right.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 12 Sep 2019 at 05:47

Thanks Lyn

User
Posted 12 Sep 2019 at 08:59
WorriedSpouse, I read some research the other day that said waiting up to 6 months for PC treatment has no impact on outcomes.

Take the time to read up on all the options but remember you don't have a diagnosis yet!

User
Posted 12 Sep 2019 at 09:23

Yes I am reading all the resources on this site to be prepared on his behalf! 

User
Posted 12 Sep 2019 at 11:36
Had my MRI done privately, it still took about the same amount of time to be reviewed.