I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Leakage started a year after RT

User
Posted 18 Sep 2019 at 10:06

Hi I just moved this from my ongoing thread ‘Prostap to Degarelix’ to try to get some help.

Ok latest update : PSA still at 0.08 which I think is good.... consultant seems happy.

30 days till my (hopefully) last injection of the damned Prostap. Still suffering in the head department and see my counsellor again next week. Sincerely hoping that I will get my head straight when my HT wears off. I know I will never be the same but hoping I can deal with it better without the HT .

Just one slight problem: considering I finished my RT last August I thought I’d got away with no side effects but just lately on a couple of occasions I have had a problem with leakage . Both times In  had alcohol and both times I was being energetic - walking over rough terrain and dancing . Is this normal this late on ?

I will resume the pelvic floor exercises but I am a little concerned as I never had this before. I have a wedding to go to soon and I’m worried about dancing now 🤔

Edited by member 18 Sep 2019 at 19:49  | Reason: Spelling

User
Posted 19 Sep 2019 at 17:16

My middle son got married last Saturday. I did exactly as Lyn advised and had a great day!

Ido4

User
Posted 24 Sep 2019 at 10:40

Well all went well at the wedding and I didn’t leak a drop 😊... had a drink and a dance too.

Should mention that my son and his new wife asked for no wedding presents but for donations to 2 charities one of which is Prostate Cancer UK and the other a local one that is close to our hearts.

So far they have over £1500 in total, but more to be counted from online donations.

So proud of them both .

Phil ( 23 days till my last Prostap injection and can’t wait )

User
Posted 19 Sep 2019 at 00:28
"lately on a couple of occasions I have had a problem with leakage . Both times In had alcohol and both times I was being energetic - walking over rough terrain and dancing . Is this normal this late on ?"

Yes it is possible; urinary incontinence as a result of RT may develop over time, often some years later. Do keep in mind though that not everything that happens is a result of prostate cancer or treatment. It might be that you would have got a bit leaky at this age anyway - particularly when alcohol is involved. More work on the pelvic floor needed - it should just be part of your daily routine anyway as you get older - and if peace of mind is needed, dark trousers at the wedding and / or a thin pad in place just in case.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 19 Sep 2019 at 08:55
You have to drink at your son's wedding! (says me who is teetotal)

Put a pad on in the evening and dance like Fred Astaire. Have a great day 👍

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 20 Sep 2019 at 10:14

The volume I leak after HDR Bracky 5 weeks ago will comfortably fit in a female sanitary pad. However, they aren't designed for dangly leaking bits bouncing around when dancing, etc. and you can easily leak off the side of the pad. Might be worth getting a pack of proper male pads, which is what I use when exercising, because it doesn't matter where the old John Thomas is pointing.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 19 Sep 2019 at 00:28
"lately on a couple of occasions I have had a problem with leakage . Both times In had alcohol and both times I was being energetic - walking over rough terrain and dancing . Is this normal this late on ?"

Yes it is possible; urinary incontinence as a result of RT may develop over time, often some years later. Do keep in mind though that not everything that happens is a result of prostate cancer or treatment. It might be that you would have got a bit leaky at this age anyway - particularly when alcohol is involved. More work on the pelvic floor needed - it should just be part of your daily routine anyway as you get older - and if peace of mind is needed, dark trousers at the wedding and / or a thin pad in place just in case.

User
Posted 19 Sep 2019 at 08:39

Thanks Lyn,

As I was always ok I never did the exercises .....so I have started now , better late than never.

No choice on trousers I’m afraid grey suit for my sons wedding tomorrow. I will lay off the drink and not so crazy on the dance floor ....

I will beat this 😊. Life is a series of battles anyway 🙄

thanks

Phil

User
Posted 19 Sep 2019 at 08:55
You have to drink at your son's wedding! (says me who is teetotal)

Put a pad on in the evening and dance like Fred Astaire. Have a great day 👍

User
Posted 19 Sep 2019 at 09:03

Thank you Lyn,

I will use one of the wife’s ......

Fred Astaire 😆😆😆😆

Phil

User
Posted 19 Sep 2019 at 17:16

My middle son got married last Saturday. I did exactly as Lyn advised and had a great day!

Ido4

User
Posted 20 Sep 2019 at 09:27

Thanks ido4 .

Big day is here ....

Hope your sons day was great. 

Gonna take Lyn’s advice and I’m sure all will be good.

Phil

User
Posted 20 Sep 2019 at 10:14

The volume I leak after HDR Bracky 5 weeks ago will comfortably fit in a female sanitary pad. However, they aren't designed for dangly leaking bits bouncing around when dancing, etc. and you can easily leak off the side of the pad. Might be worth getting a pack of proper male pads, which is what I use when exercising, because it doesn't matter where the old John Thomas is pointing.

User
Posted 20 Sep 2019 at 10:19

😆😆 Unfortunately I don’t have time to get any proper pads now ....

Gonna lay off the coffee and alcohol a bit and not get too mad on the dance floor ....

Phil

User
Posted 24 Sep 2019 at 10:40

Well all went well at the wedding and I didn’t leak a drop 😊... had a drink and a dance too.

Should mention that my son and his new wife asked for no wedding presents but for donations to 2 charities one of which is Prostate Cancer UK and the other a local one that is close to our hearts.

So far they have over £1500 in total, but more to be counted from online donations.

So proud of them both .

Phil ( 23 days till my last Prostap injection and can’t wait )