I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Life is for living

User
Posted 24 Sep 2019 at 06:31

Hi there, it has been many years since my last visit.  So I am hoping someone has any views. Husband diagnosed 20 years ago with advanced aggressive PC. He chose radical prostatectomy and refused any other treatment. Forward 18yrs he is diagnosed with CLL, practically overnight his Hb dropped to 4. GP visited home at 6.30pm told us husband dying and has days to live. Following day palliative care team kicked in.  Mcmillan  nurse suggested hubby take the steriods dexamethasone.   Within days husband starts to come back to life. Weeks later he is out walking in his beloved countryside. Forward to the present day, his psa is 400, He has  multiple mets, spine, ribs, hips etc. He has refused  chemo but reluctantly agreed to HT.  He does feel tired and has a little pain. I don't know how much time he has left as his body is coping with his PC and leukemia  (he has refused treatment ).

what I want to emphasise is he has had an excellent quality of life (till now). 

Changing diet, lifestyle and power walking daily plus a very positive outlook has been his therapy.

Sorry this is a bit condensed. But hope you get the picture. 

User
Posted 24 Sep 2019 at 11:27

Amazing story.

I presume he hasn't had HT before, so it could keep him going a long time.

Many consultants have said exercise is better than any drugs they have to offer, and it looks like you have embraced that for some time.

Wishing you the best for the future.

User
Posted 24 Sep 2019 at 11:36
Sounds good to me. This is essentially the route I have taken too so far and enjoying life to the full at the moment 4 1/2 yrs on. I hope I’m as lucky and good luck with all your future treatment options