I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Swollen inside

User
Posted 03 Oct 2019 at 15:14

hi I’m 4.5 months post Rp bladder is getting under control dry at night 3 light pads per day 

had my first psa test and follow up 8 weeks psa  was undetectable with clear margins I was T3 and a Gleason score of 9 not sure of the number combination 

i still have a problem with sitting on hard seats or in my car driving ever since my op but today I feel particularly swollen underneath (not painful tho )when I’m walking is this pretty normal at this stage I’ve also been plagued by internal hemerroids off and on since the op 

I know I’ve had major surgery with RP but any advice would be greatly received 

many thanks 

User
Posted 05 Oct 2019 at 10:08
I think you should bring this up with your surgical team. I don’t think it’s “normal”.

I know exactly what you mean with your description as I had something similar straight after my op and for about 3 months afterwards, which severely limited my sitting (and, to a lesser extent, standing time). I’m pretty sure that my issue was mostly due to a large blood clot in the offending area which took a long time to disperse. My experience didn’t seem to be considered normal even just days to weeks after the op. It did gradually improve between 2 & 3 months. Even after 3 months I was using a haemorrhoid cushion if I had to sit for long periods though that was done by 4 months.

4.5 months seems long. Did you have any lymph glands removed? This can lead to localised fluid retention

Nick