I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Is this PSA ok at this point?

User
Posted 04 Oct 2019 at 17:13

Hi everyone.........just had my latest PSA result.

Previous test ( 6 months ago ) was 0.05 it is now at 0.17

last four   0.05   0.03  0.05 0.17

it is 18 moths since last Zolodex injection

I had 6 sessions of Chemo,  37 sessions of RT  ( was told with cureable intent )and a total of 30 months on Zolodex

As I still have a prostate I know my PSA will go up....just wondering if the fact that it jumped up from 0.05 to 0.17 in the last six month is something that I should be concerned about?

Also my latest Testosterone reading is 9.5.........I have no idea if that is good or bad as I have not had any treatment since April 2018

Shaun

User
Posted 04 Oct 2019 at 18:18
This is entirely normal, Shaun. Don't have the slightest concern about it. You can expect your PSA to rise to between 1 and 2.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 04 Oct 2019 at 18:23
Breathe easy Shaun - the healthy prostate cells are regenerating and producing PSA. As long as it stays under 2 + nadir, you will be okay.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 04 Oct 2019 at 18:18
This is entirely normal, Shaun. Don't have the slightest concern about it. You can expect your PSA to rise to between 1 and 2.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 04 Oct 2019 at 18:23
Breathe easy Shaun - the healthy prostate cells are regenerating and producing PSA. As long as it stays under 2 + nadir, you will be okay.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 05 Oct 2019 at 12:51

Thanks guys..... think I knew that but just what I needed to hear for reassurance