Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Transperenial biopsy after effects

User
Posted 19 Oct 2019 at 11:21

Hi all

I hope someone can offer some advice and experiences before I decide to visits my GP.

I had the biopsy two weeks ago and since then my urinary flow has not returned to normal with some pinking still present.

However more alarmingly was that my first ejaculation 10 days since the biopsy was nearer to black then pink .

Any views,reassurance would be greatly welcomed 

many thanks Tony

User
Posted 19 Oct 2019 at 14:28
It's normal - what a shame that no one warned you when you were having the biopsy.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 19 Oct 2019 at 16:53
It can take up to 3 months for semen to return to normal. HP Sauce colour is good - it's dead blood. Bright red fresh blood would be a concern.

Blood in urine can persist for a few weeks. Again totally normal.

Best wishes,

Chris

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 19 Oct 2019 at 14:28
It's normal - what a shame that no one warned you when you were having the biopsy.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 19 Oct 2019 at 16:26

Hi Tony, all totally normal, it took me about six weeks before my ejaculate looked normal. I too was surprised by how dark it was the first time I had sex after my biopsy, I thought i had ejaculated HP sauce it was so dark. The good thing is the more sex you have the clearer it will become. The slight pink in the urine is also normal and will clear up over time. Best of luck to you.

Edited by member 19 Oct 2019 at 16:27  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 19 Oct 2019 at 16:53
It can take up to 3 months for semen to return to normal. HP Sauce colour is good - it's dead blood. Bright red fresh blood would be a concern.

Blood in urine can persist for a few weeks. Again totally normal.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 19 Oct 2019 at 18:19

Blood only stays red for about 3 days. After that the iron in the hemoglobin literally goes rusty, hence brown (or black if enough of it). Same as happens to a scab in an injury.