I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

discomfort sleeping

User
Posted 20 Oct 2019 at 19:54

Have found this site invaluable and reassuring during my treatment. Had my AUS fitted in December last year and am very fortunate to be completely dry. My psa is negligable <0.1 and I am now on TRT. I have much to be thankful for but wonder if anyone else is experiencing the issues I have with disturbed sleep due to movement of the device when I am laying down on my side. If I lie on my back I snore but cannot seem to get comfortable on my side. Anyone else had this problem? any advice or ideas would be gratefully received.

User
Posted 28 Oct 2019 at 05:48
You are on TRT!?!?!?

Wow, that is unusual

User
Posted 28 Oct 2019 at 09:35

One of the urologists at the Chorleywood Men's Health Day suggested TRT in some cases of ED during his talk, and I questioned it, as it surprised me a bit given what I'd heard on here. Most, if not all the urologists there said it's fine if you've finished your PCa treatment with stable PSA, and your testosterone has stayed low after HT or gone low as part of aging.

User
Posted 28 Oct 2019 at 11:21
Men who have successful radical treatment then spend the rest of their lives with normal testosterone levels.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 30 Oct 2019 at 13:42

I was quite an unusual case - aggressive prostate cancer in  my mid-fifties (I'm not 60 yet, but looks like I'll make it now!). After the prostatectomy and a year post radiotherapy I had dangerously low testosterone levels, no energy, couldn't stay awake, terrible sweats, etc. My GP and consultant agreed to try TRT and it is really helping me. I have an injection every 6 months and my testosterone levels are now on the low side of normal. I have regular blood tests to monitor both the hormone level and PSA and so far so good.

Edited by member 30 Oct 2019 at 13:43  | Reason: typo