Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Father just diagnosed

User
Posted 21 Oct 2019 at 20:35

hi

my father of 80 has just been diagnosed. Has spread to his bones. He starts chemo next week. My father will not allow my sister or I to go with him to the hospital. Mum is there with him. He says he will tell us everything but there are so many questions we have. I know he is trying to protect us. We are really struggling as we have so many questions. It’s very difficult as we need to respect his wishes. Any advice please. Thank you  

User
Posted 21 Oct 2019 at 23:12

I'd suggest downloading the "toolkit" from this site. It contains a wealth of useful information about prostate cancer and the various treatment options that are available. You can also phone up (number at the top of the screen) and request a paper copy if you prefer.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 22 Oct 2019 at 06:35

Thank you Chris. I will do that. Kind regards.

User
Posted 29 Oct 2019 at 11:09
I'm a few years younger than your dad and following a couple of weeks behind to going into chemo, and I am glad my daughter was not with me on some of the hospital visits, as a dad wants to appear be strong for his family and I definately wasn't. I hope he will let you share the load with chemo visits
User
Posted 29 Oct 2019 at 19:12

Thank you. I do understand what you are saying. We had a good chat last night & he confirmed the same. Im sure now I will be able to support at one of the chemo sessions. I hope your treatment is going well. Kind regards