Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Wet the bed after 6 months!

User
Posted 25 Oct 2019 at 07:19

Hello all,

I don’t know if anyone else has had this but I have been pretty much dry since my operation 6 months ago with no issues at all at night and suddenly last night I wet the bed without even waking up! Normally I will wake up and go maybe once overnight, sometimes no need to...it is disconcerting and a bit embarrassing to be honest plus I am wondering why, after all this time, it decided to happen.

Anyone else had the same and how did you deal with it? Kegel exercises or ??

Thanks as always for any replies!

User
Posted 25 Oct 2019 at 21:28
Perhaps you just slept heavier last night than you usually do - had you had a particularly tough day, had you been drinking, do you normally not sleep well?

It is not linked to your pelvic floor as you are normally dry, so kegels will make no difference. If there is an issue, it is in the bladder sending 'full' messages to the brain. I wouldn't assume that it is more than a one-off unless it becomes a regular problem

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 26 Oct 2019 at 17:26

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Perhaps you just slept heavier last night than you usually do - had you had a particularly tough day, had you been drinking, do you normally not sleep well?

It is not linked to your pelvic floor as you are normally dry, so kegels will make no difference. If there is an issue, it is in the bladder sending 'full' messages to the brain. I wouldn't assume that it is more than a one-off unless it becomes a regular problem

thanks.  I think hopefully a rare event but disconcerting all the same! Thanks for the advice though 

User
Posted 26 Oct 2019 at 17:51
I had the same. I can't remember exactly how long post op but I was dry at night after catheter removal then one morning I woke up wet with nothing really different leading up to it. It's never happened since. Post op over 2.5 years now. Hope it's the same for you.

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 26 Oct 2019 at 20:15
I did it twice after a long long period of dryness. Couldn’t really account it to anything. Yes it worries you but don’t dwell on it
User
Posted 27 Oct 2019 at 10:04

Thanks Bill. I hope so too! Just seemed a random event but now packing a pad at night just in case and will give it a week or so before hopefully relaxing again!

User
Posted 27 Oct 2019 at 20:08
Most likely a "wet dream" just the wrong kind of wet!
User
Posted 28 Oct 2019 at 05:45
Tiredness, illness, alchohol and stress can trigger this
User
Posted 08 Nov 2019 at 13:26

Sadly not alcohol, but no repeat so far so hopefully a bizarre one-off! Stress is ever present (also sadly!)

Thanks,

M