I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Q10 food supplement to fight fatigue?

User
Posted 25 Oct 2019 at 13:18

Waiting for radiotherapy at Weston Park the other day, a couple of fellow patients were chatting, and one mentioned Q10. He said taking it made him feel less tired and more able to do stuff. I have bought some and started taking it, but it's too soon to report any changes. Has anyone else used Q10, or been recommended it?

User
Posted 25 Oct 2019 at 14:21
Good Heavens - if the man sitting next to you said he ate elephant s***, would you have started that as well!

If you are having radiotherapy, it is really important to check with the oncologist or the RT team before taking any supplements or making dietary changes. Q10 is generally associated with heart problems, fluid retention and HIV although I am certain there is no scientific evidence; I certainly wouldn't want my dad taking it during active treatment without the onco's agreement.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 25 Oct 2019 at 15:39

Interesting question, LynEyre! And my answer is no, because elephants*** isn't a generally known dietary supplement. From my initial searches, Q10 doesn't seem to have counter-indications, but I may be wrong. Just looking for some way to feel less fatigued. I understand cocaine or benzedrine might help, but that's illegal!

Edited by member 25 Oct 2019 at 16:18  | Reason: I can spell, I just can't type!

User
Posted 25 Oct 2019 at 16:11
Ha ha - still important to check with your onco or RT team just in case.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard