I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PSA starting the inevitable climb.

User
Posted 01 Nov 2019 at 10:20

I had my usual three monthly check up a couple of days ago and was disappointed to find that after 3 years my PSA has now reached whole numbers again. That whole number is just 1.0 but it’s expected that I will have reached the STAMPEDE trial repeat all the scans threshold of 4.0 early next year.

I asked Prof. J whether there was anything I could do in the terms of diet etc. He screwed up his nose, shook his head and said “Nah”!  He reckons that food is one of life’s enjoyments and saw no need for restrictions (he knows that I have a sensible and balanced diet anyway).  What he is going to do though is send me info on an intensive exercise trial that colleagues of his are involved in.  He thinks that my PSA probably isn’t high enough to be considered for the trial but I’m hoping to get info as to what is involved.

The basic idea and information is here: https://uk.movember.com/story/view/id/11880/taking-part-in-three-hours-of-intensive-exercise-a-week-could-prolong-survival-in-men-with-advanced-prostate-cancer

Dave

User
Posted 01 Nov 2019 at 17:01
Hi, my psa started rising 2 years ago, I have been using daily exercise to slow down the rate it’s still just short of 3 and rising by about 0.5 every 3 months. So the trial is well worth the effort in my opinion. Good luck