I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PSA on the way up

User
Posted 01 Nov 2019 at 16:19

I had my usual 3 monthly check up a couple of days ago.  My PSA has reached a whole number for the first time since I started treatment over three years ago.  That whole number, admittedly is 1.0 but is expected to reach the STAMPEDE trials repeat scans threshold of 4.0 early next year.

I asked Prof. J if there was anything I could do re diet etc. His response was to shake his head, screw up his face and say “No”.  His thinking is that eating can be enjoyable and he wasn’t going to suggest any restrictions (he knows I have a sensible and balanced diet anyway).

He was telling me about a trial that some of his colleagues are involved in that is looking at the benefits of intense exercise in slowing down advanced PCa.  He thinks my PSA probably isn’t high enough to be accepted on the trial anyway but is going to try to get me more info.

Here’s the link to the ideas behind it: https://uk.movember.com/story/view/id/11880/taking-part-in-three-hours-of-intensive-exercise-a-week-could-prolong-survival-in-men-with-advanced-prostate-cancer

Dave

User
Posted 02 Nov 2019 at 16:41
So it would seem. I got side tracked when writing the first one and didn’t recall sending it.

Sorry about that! 😳