I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

A tuff year

User
Posted 01 Nov 2019 at 16:46

Hi not sure what to write but here I go.

It all started the week before Xmas 2018 I had some blood/brown colouring in my semen, so went to the doctors we had a chat and he did an internal examination on my prostate all seemed ok but he was not 100% I don't think, so he said they would do my bloods got the results Xmas eve all ok PSA was 1.9 panic over.

they booked me for an ultra sound beginning of March 2019 got the results and they confirmed I had a Epididymal cyst one L one R a left sided varicocele, still had blood but not all the time so doctor refer as per guidelines for a haematospermia to Urology appointment 27th June to urology clinic.

Met with Consultant urological surgeon we spoke about the cyst and PSA of 1.9 he otherwise thought I was in good health. he asked to examining my prostate and found a nodule of the right side nothing on left so opted for a MR scan.

MR scan booked for the 13th July to have full pelvis and prostate scan 40min did not like that at all, they got result then said we need to do a biopsy. by know head is plying games not having a good time with it all. so booked for biopsy on the 16th Aug and results on 27th Aug 2019.

With all the above going on my mum passed away on the 19th July and I was going to marry Kathryn in Lindos Rhodes on the 6th Sept flying out with 22 family and friends on the 30th Aug. ( have been with her 31 years )

So went for the results and they confirmed I had prostate cancer, that was like hitting a concrete wall for both of us a lot to take in just before you go away. So my diagnosis is Gleason 3+4=7 in all five core on right side left negative PAS 1.9 50% cancer to right side T2aN0M0.

Had a good chat with the consultant and my nurse on the options and a lot of thinking when away a opted for the robotic assisted radical prostatectomy. had more appointments with the consultant and my nurse once back from honeymoon

I was then booked in for surgery on the 25th Oct 7 day ago today, op went well not to good after for a couple of days but doing good know back in Monday to have the catheter and staples remove

so been sat here wondering what's next you read that much stuff gets to much thinking about all the time. you would never think this would happen at 55 and when you are pretty fit and well.

Thanks for reading Dave

User
Posted 02 Nov 2019 at 08:11
So, Dave, hopefully you are now ‘cured’ and you do not suffer too much incontinenence or any erectile dysfunction after your operation.

Best of luck for the future.

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 02 Nov 2019 at 10:03
By the sound of it, Dave, your prostate cancer was caught at a very early stage and your treatment was curative, so that should be the end of it.

Very best wishes for your recovery,

Chris

User
Posted 02 Nov 2019 at 10:05

Hi John

thanks for your replay go to see my surgeon on the 17th Dec for my PSA result and hope we get the correct reading. Hope I can sort down below out bit part of our life, but not feeling to bad be glad to get this catheter out on Monday.

Dave

User
Posted 02 Nov 2019 at 10:12

thank you Chris fingers crossed good job my doctor referred me to the urologist.

Dave