I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

I'm back!!

User
Posted 03 Nov 2019 at 13:57

Greetings to one & all, it's been quite an eventful few days. Had my surgery on Tuesday morning - I remember the aneasthetist saying he'll put a little tube in my back for the epidural & then I woke up in recovery.as far as I understand I was in surgery for 6+ hours (I wouldn't know). Apparently, I had a reaction to the anesthetic so I had to stay in a bit longer & came home on Friday afternoon. I cannot praise the level of care I have had highly enough. Mr S ( my surgeon) is a gentleman in every sense, the staff on the Ward were outstanding & I just am so grateful for my treatment at Royal Derby Hospital.Anyway, I'm a bit tatered now, I'll go through the antics at home later.

Cheers for now. Steve

User
Posted 03 Nov 2019 at 14:57

Steve

Great to hear things went reasonably well. How is the catheter ,make the most of not getting out of bed at night ? Take it easy but not too easy. Good wishes for the future.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 03 Nov 2019 at 15:28

Many thanks Chris, it's certainly entertaining at the moment, sleep doesn't seem to be a problem I'm settling off about 1am & waking at 4.30 at which point I get some pain, then I just drift in & out. Catheter hasn't caused too many issues - although we didn't close the nightbag valve last night!! My main problem is that my diverticulitis has flared & yesterday it was 8 trips to the loo & so far 6 today.All in all it's a small price to pay. How's life with you?

Cheers. Steve

User
Posted 03 Nov 2019 at 19:23

Steve

Got a very uncomfortable SPC,  but it gets changed next week so it might be better. So alot better off than many people I hear about.

Thanks Chris