I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Grosrelin side effects

User
Posted 07 Nov 2019 at 23:44

i am into my second month of Grosrelin (Zoladex) and I am starting to ache in my bones and joints. I have tried to keep active, walking mostly but some times the pain in hip and tailbone is so bad I can’t sleep. I expected the tiredness which in my case has been pretty tough but not the pains. My GP suggested Co-Codamol, 30/500. It they turn me into a zombie. I just had 2 really bad days which I think were a result of having the flu jab concurrent with the latest Implant. Not a good idea.

Any thoughts. It was so bad at one point I thought about cancelling the treatment and radiotherapy altogether rather than go through 3 more months of this.

User
Posted 08 Nov 2019 at 01:26
We need more information - do you have mets in your hip or spine? If not, it is your ligaments and tendons loosening and your pelvis may be shifting a bit - some men find swimming to be the best way to overcome the fatigue without putting additional stress on joints. PCUK ran a pilot on fatigue during HT - it is worth giving the nurses a call on the number at the top of this page.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 08 Nov 2019 at 07:00

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

My GP suggested Co-Codamol, 30/500. It they turn me into a zombie.

Rich

Sorry can't help with the Grosrelin side effects. Co-codamol had the same effect on me, but I found after a few doses the zombie effects disappeared. I only take one tablet at a time and it is still a very  effective a pain killer for me.  I am also aware it can become highly addictive. 

Hope things get easier for you, take care.

Thanks Chris

Edited by member 08 Nov 2019 at 07:03  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 08 Nov 2019 at 09:15

I had a nuclear bone scan about 4 weeks ago all clear as far as I know. I have localised prostate cancer that has not got outside the prostate so no mets. Thanks for the info

User
Posted 08 Nov 2019 at 22:49

This seems like a very poor choice for something which may be a long term requirement.

a) It's addictive

b) It only works as a pain killer for a short while, after which it stops working.