I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

2 weeks post operation

User
Posted 08 Nov 2019 at 12:52

I would like to share how I am doing after having robotic surgery 2 weeks ago to remove my prostates.

I had my catheter and 19no staples removed on Monday after 10 days this went very well with the catheter weeing  normal within 3 hrs, I have Had no leaking really at all since. I do wee more don’t hold it in as long but no problems at night.

i have gained my erections back which I was very surprised after only 2 weeks post operation, it all seems a bit texted book for me, spoken to my nurse yesterday and as she say embrace it.

i like To think keeping healthy and fit at 55 is helping with my recovery but still a long way to go yet.

Dave

User
Posted 11 Nov 2019 at 15:12

Thanks for sharing!

Yes, a long way to go but one step at a time. So far so good, and long may it continue!

User
Posted 11 Nov 2019 at 17:10

Dave, sounds a lot better than the text book, well done to you and your medical team. Just curious did you have robotic surgery ? If yes how many staples per port ?

Hope your recovery continues.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 11 Nov 2019 at 17:44

Hi Chris

Yes I did have robotic surgery I had six port holes total of nineteen staples from two to six per port hole main hole above my belly button with six staples, all healing up well.

Dave